2005 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Another Great Caravan
By mulligun on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Drives more like a luxury car then a mini van.

I love my new van!!!
By our3sons on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love this van. I have had others in the past, but the comfort and space in this one, far surpasses any other out there. The kids love the fact that they have their own reading lamps for road trips, and its really alot of fun to drive. I felt I was too young to drive a mini-van, with the stigma that sometimes comes along with them. But this is a luxury car with room for a family.

Compitition Has Caught Up
By moogle on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We had a 99 Grand Caravan and the extended wheelbase was so much nicer than our 2005 with a short wheelbase and quad seating. The suspension sags a lot when loaded down too. The price was real nice at 19,490 although we feel we could have done evev better elsewhere. For the price I feel that it is a good van.

A lemon of all lemons
By thedoctor on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

now up to 85,000 miles used for a sales vehicle. Three Power Steering Pumps..#3 now needs replacing. Front end rack completely worn out and needs replacement. Dealer refused to replace PS pump even though it has been a problem since new. Front end problems surfaced after 30k...never fully diagnosed...has gotten worse as the mileage increases. Weird wind/noise problem on widshield at speeds around 60. Anyone over 6ft tall cannot sit on passenger front side with storage compartment under seat. Small changes in road surface causes loud knocking sounds in front end. Power door locks replaced twice.

Dodge Caravan
By Annaq on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had a Caravan 4 cyl. for 2 1/2 years. At this point major mechanical problems. Ranging from front end work, transmission, computer cluster in gear selector and the sending unit in the gas tank. Before the 2 1/2 year mark, had no problems before then.

My 2005 Dodge Caravan
By cammy on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have wanted minivan for quite some time now but thought they were too expensive. One evening we went into our local car dealership after 8:30pm thinking that we would look when no one was there. Oops, they were there and there was a good sale going on. We decided to test drive one and a short time later we drove off in our beautiful Midnight Blue,2005 Dodge Caravan. We opted for no luxuries except air and stereo. I was always angry with my other car and it's self locking doors and other things that made decisions for me and just drove me crazy. Our Caravan gets good mileage and is very roomy, a smooth ride and beautiful!

Great family car
By Nick H on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first minivan and I love it. So much room and storage space makes going places so easy. You don't need much strength to fold down the seats. I checked a few other minivans and they didn't offer near as much for the price of the Caravan. I definitely suggest the SXT model w/DVD because the kids love it and it keeps them occupied on long trips. This is definitely a keeper.

2005 Caravan
By njscarano on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Since my last car was a compact sedan, I thought the Caravan would be overwhelming to handle. Not so. I felt right at ease driving the Caravan and wished I had purchased one sooner!

Love Dodge - GREAT minivan
By wilsker on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Long trips smooth ride convenient for whole family. comfortable for whole family. Versatile with stow and go seats.

2WEEKS WITH ACARAVAN
By GORDON on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

PROBLEM W/DEALER.DID NOT PROVIDE WHAT WE WANTED(AFTER WE HAD ALREADY SIGNED FOR THE CAR"to be delivered that afternoon- actually it was next day"). Too much corner cutting w/plastic: ie wheel covers-can't read tire pressure had a reaL"FLAP"over the cd player.previous vehicle had headphones this one didn't.