Used 2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

I'm in love with this van.
By jimpeggy2

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Of all the cars/trucks I have owned in my life, this van is by far my favorite. My kids are over the moon for it. It is comfortable beyond belief. Reliable. Easy to drive and park. Your really feel safe while driving this vehicle. The mileage is fair, but it is a large engine and a heavy machine, so it makes sense that the mileage is what it is. Don't let that sway you. The stow and go seats are a dream and a piece of cake to use. The driver controls are a wonderful and easy to use as well. Drive it in good health and enjoy.

The adjustable gas and break pedals are fantastic. Stereo controls in the steering wheel are very handy Auto sliding doors make life so much easier. No struggling required!

None.

Mom mobile
By kayadento

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very dependable and reliable. No problems ever. Not so cool to drive though. It is a mom mobile. My kids are getting older and think it is a loser cruiser. It is a great automobile for older couples and people with young kids.

DVD player and 7 person seating. Plenty of space.

Wish they were as cool as an SUV

High miles.
By JD

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Caravan. I drive 50,000 miles a year. Just passed 107,000 miles. Had no problems untill 75,000 miles, then several small problems with egr valve and vaccum pump. At 105,000 miles the transmission valve unit went bad, that and the 100,000 mile maintenance items + brakes, rotors, sway bars and tires cost me $3,000. The 3.3 liter engine is holding up well. tires lasted 105,000 miles without being aligned, or balanced.

For the price I think the power, ride, interior comfort, room, noise levels, stereo ect. are good. My mileage averages about 23,mpg.

50/50 rear seat uncomfortable for center passenger. every caravan I've had needed some type of transmission work between 100,000 and 135,000 miles, I wish they were more reliable.

I like it
By Edvanp

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Went from a Pontiac Montana into the SXT minivan. Love the stow/go seating. The engine is smooth with good performance over the Montana. The back bench is uncomfortable for long rides, or so my kids tell me. Good storage room. We have had it in for a couple of electronic glitches that have been covered under warranty. My main worry is the tranny as this seems to be the knock on these vehicles, but there hasn't been anything wrong with it yet. The radio/speakers could be better. We avg 22 mpg in mixed driving, 26 on the highway. Overall, we are happy with it to date (2 years & 33k miles).

Stow/Go seating

Better radio/sound

Problems with front end
By Chuck in IOWA

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Was enjoying our van, when after less then 30,000 miles had to have bushings in front axle area replaced. Now, 25,000 miles later need to have them replaced again. Service dept. said company was using a different material on the bushings and wasn't a high enough quality. I have a brother with a Grand Caravan and he's experiencing the same issue. Always have had trouble with Dodge/Chrysler front ends, including a Stratus we had in 1995. Probably won't buy anymore Dodge/Chrysler products.

Comfort, space