2005 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
caravan se
By irvinbf on 01/03/05 23:58 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Best Van for the $ fun to drive and has lots of room. Good mpg even with my 2.4 even has lots of power for a 2.4

Fingers Crossed
By DMG on 01/03/05 21:36 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We just puschase a Dodge Caravan STX so far had a small problem with the overhead storage area but dealer handled. Have had alot of road noise was back a dealer today they informed me this was not road noise but a rear wheel bearing. Part ordered today. I'm six foot tall and can't seem to find a comfortable position but wife has only let me drive it 4 or 5 times. Wondering if we should have kept our 2000 Intrepid. I Think everything will workout? only time will tell.

3rd Chrysler Minivan in 3 years
By Steve on 12/23/04 21:20 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am addicted to these vans. You just can't beat the value of these things. They are $10,000 less than Toyota and Honda. I cant see spending all that additional money for the cache of driving a Honda or Toyota.

GREAT BUY
By JIMMY on 12/19/04 22:06 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

THE DODGE IS THE BEST BUY FOR YOUR MONEY,WE JUST GOT RID OF OUR 2002 HONDA ODDY,AND NEVER AGAIN WILL WE BUY HONDA.THIS VAN IS THE BEST BUY FOR YOUR MONEY.

Dodge Has Abandoned Quality
By MyMinivanSucks on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The Dodge Caravan is the worst built van I have owned. The doors don't work as advertised, the clock spring (controls the Air Bags) is broken, and the air conditioned is leaking. And, to top it off, the are calling everything "wearable parts" in order to keep from covering it under warrantee!!!! Avoid Chrystler and their products like the plague until they get their products from falling apart after leaving the lot!

Drivers door panel
By Maryland Jack on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Traded1991 Dodge Caravan for 2005. Everything great but they changed the door panel trim on the drivers side so that the panel holding the window buttons protrudes about 2-3" into where your leg should be resting.This panel has a rather sharp angle to it. Drive about 2 to 5 miles and you will find that your leg gets sore. Very poor design as there was no reason to change. Friends tried pillows, pads etc. Nothing seems to hold or work.

So Far I Like It
By timsmit123 on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought a black Caravan SXT and it is my first van. It actually handles and drives much better than I was expecting. With all of the power windows, locks, mirrors, cruise and tilt included in the base SXT, they leave little to be desired.

My Review
By MrKnowItAll on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

It has been the most fascinating driving experience I have ever had. It is a very luxurious vehicle. My family and I are pleased to have such a great automobile.

Drivers door design
By Jack Fremont on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The trim panel on the drivers door protrudes about 2-3 inches into interior of drivers side. As a result there is no even or smooth space to rest your left leg. You constantly hit this small protrusion. I drove 100 miles and my leg was very sore. I had a 1999 Caravan that had the switches higher on the panel. As a result we had a nice smooth door. Very poor inside design--should have been caught

An Awesome Ride
By Punchy on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Dodge Caravan. It all just seems to get better and better. I recently took a trip to South Carolina and I noticed that as I broke the engine in the mileage kept creeping up. Upon my return to Texas I was getting 26.5 miles per gallon. Comfortable ride made my driving experience more enjoyable. When I stopped for the night, took two days to get back, I never felt "dead-dog" tired. I could have gone further, but I am not one to push it. The new features are right on. All in all the family really enjoys this vehicle. Dodge all the way!