Used 2005 Dodge Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Good and cheap van
By MILAN

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van brand new, since than I do not have any big major problem, I just replaced tires and brake discs, also I have 99 Plymouth breeze with 156.000 miles on them and still running strong, I highly recommend Chrysler cars and vans, they need just take care of them, change oil and etc.

What's up with the wheel bearings?
By CaravanOwner315

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this van from when it had 46,000 to 73,000 miles. I am now replacing my third wheel bearing. Now have replaced both front and 1 back. I have not found any sort of recall on this. I still have a 1996 Caravan and have never dealt with wheel bearings.

Chrysler should replace the wheel bearings for free or at least offer partial reimbursement for those who have had this issue.

Very unhappy
By ivynmiami

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had a bad accident and had to replace my Toyota corolla at 3 months pregnant though a minivan was going to be the best thing. I have 2 car payments a month one for the lender the other for the mechanic. I have had to change the motor seals timing belt motor mounts and now the cv joints. The car is comfortable and I love my minivan just hate that it has given me repair headaches. Maybe they are good cars but my turned out to be a big lemon.

Do not bother buying this
By Bob

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought Dodge Grand Caravan 2005 in June 2005. It has not even completed 5 years. It has less than 50,000 miles on it. However, the problems that the van has is just mind boggling. My 1999 Corolla is more reliable and less costly in terms of repairs than Dodge Caravan. This is just a junk vehicle. I would never buy another Dodge product or recommend to anyone. Simply avoid it to save yourself lots of money, time, and aggravation.

Stow and Go

I would suggest Dodge to build this vehicle.

Throttle Sensor NIGHTMARE
By Ruth

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had two Major issues. Bought the van and it had bad sensors everywhere. Airbags sensors bad, transmission sensor bad and the latest? throttle sensor. Fixed at a Dodge dealership. Toyota is not the only one with issues. When the throttle sensor went bad it had unintentional acceleration and nearly caused a fatality. Bad design. Hate electronic parts - especially bad ones.

seating

Kill switch for the throttle sensor. Less electronics.