Used 2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Dodge Rider
By Adam

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan CV 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am driving Dodge Mini Van 2005 Since 2 years its a good reliable vehicle with two baby seating facilities this vehicle has one problem with jumping rods once you change them with new one then you are good to go for few years there is one more problem with capacity it has very less capacity in rear otherwise its better than all other dodges like town and country and grand caravan and etc......

Low quality
By Mike Pinhole

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan CV 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great van with lots of versatility
By aveybaby

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the perfect vehicle for a family. I got hooked on Dodge Caravan's years ago. I had one that lasted ten years with no problems until the transmission went out at about 200,000 miles. I bought a Windstar and didn't like it so got new Dodge Caravan again. For as much space and comfort as it has you can't beat the gas mileage. I consistently average 20 mpg. Considering that you can seat 7, that's a good value. I've replaced the battery, and the tires. It's now getting a bit older, over 150k miles on it, so I've replaced the radiator because of a leak, and the oxysensor valves (check engine light came on). Good value overall.

stowaway seats, comfortable seats, good visibility, tons of space for pets and people. Can use as sleeping space when camping by putting a blow up mattress in the back.

My husband hates the way the heating/cooling system works. The back speakers rattle when you turn the volume up on your music if it has a lot of bass. They could have seated and cushioned the speakers better.

Best Van Ever
By bookworm2991

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in August 2010.
I have a 3 year old and was expecting my second child.
I fell in love with this van.
It was very comfortable to ride in, had plenty of room, child seat anchors and one of the second row captains chairs had a built in 5 point harness child seat.

During the year that we had it we never had any problems with it.
I was recently in an accident and it was totaled.
I am hoping to be able to replace my van with a newer model.

Great Ride
By moparmoma

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We Bought the Caravan without the stow and go seats for the comfort of the second row captian chairs. Took family to motortrend car show and made them sit in seats for half an hour. Teenagers appreciated the comfort of captain chairs and the entertainment (DVD) system. This is a life saver on long road trips. Have 100,000 on the van with ALOT of road trips. No problems whatsoever. Replaced Battery once, brakes every 40,000 miles, and the ERG once at 85,000. OEM tires lasted 65,000 miles, replaced with Michelins. Good value and no problems--would buy buy again if they didn't switch to stow and go seats.

Entertainment system. Two rows of Captian chairs, comfortable.

Quite road noise from wind and tires.