Used 2005 Dodge Caravan SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Like this car
By evelynp

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is our 6th Caravan. We ordered it because of the stow away seat feature. Other requirements included leather seats. It has performed well for us with very little upkeep. My children borrow it all the time for hauling purposes and we have no complaints.

Stow Away Seats, Electric side and trunk doors storage options, Sirius radio with control knobs on steering wheel, leather seats-easy upkeep with kids and dogs, lots and lots of room more than in any other minivan we looked at. Good car

Perhaps more comfortable seat for passenger for long hauls as we drive 8-9 hours to our lake home in the summer

Very unhappy
By ivynmiami

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had a bad accident and had to replace my Toyota corolla at 3 months pregnant though a minivan was going to be the best thing. I have 2 car payments a month one for the lender the other for the mechanic. I have had to change the motor seals timing belt motor mounts and now the cv joints. The car is comfortable and I love my minivan just hate that it has given me repair headaches. Maybe they are good cars but my turned out to be a big lemon.

Throttle Sensor NIGHTMARE
By Ruth

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had two Major issues. Bought the van and it had bad sensors everywhere. Airbags sensors bad, transmission sensor bad and the latest? throttle sensor. Fixed at a Dodge dealership. Toyota is not the only one with issues. When the throttle sensor went bad it had unintentional acceleration and nearly caused a fatality. Bad design. Hate electronic parts - especially bad ones.

seating

Kill switch for the throttle sensor. Less electronics.

very good bargain
By navy jim

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I reviewed this vehicle in early 2005. Now have 69,000 miles and nearly 5 years later on this vehicle. I am just as impressed with it as I was then. Normal maintenance is all that's been required. Get 23 to 25 miles on the highway and 21 in town. I am more than pleased with it in all aspects. It's been a cheap, dependable, fun car to drive. I take good care of it and maintain it regularly.

A/c works very good in south Texas. Really fun to drive even in the highest mountains of Colorado. Easy to maintain. Comfortable. Low cost of insurance. Reliability is very good. easy to

none

Buy a solution, not a Chrysler
By Rudy

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After 15,000 miles spark plugs, air bag, injectors, brakes (pads and rotors), air bag again, power steering leaks, noisy engine belts, cv joints, sliding doors donít close properly, so we can feel air coming thru doors rubber seals but, the worst one is that after 4 months trying to get a roof paint warranty thru Chrysler customer service they told me: Chrysler wonít participate in this repair.