2005 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Like this car
By evelynp on 01/10/11 05:59 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is our 6th Caravan. We ordered it because of the stow away seat feature. Other requirements included leather seats. It has performed well for us with very little upkeep. My children borrow it all the time for hauling purposes and we have no complaints.

Very unhappy
By ivynmiami on 06/17/10 13:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had a bad accident and had to replace my Toyota corolla at 3 months pregnant though a minivan was going to be the best thing. I have 2 car payments a month one for the lender the other for the mechanic. I have had to change the motor seals timing belt motor mounts and now the cv joints. The car is comfortable and I love my minivan just hate that it has given me repair headaches. Maybe they are good cars but my turned out to be a big lemon.

Throttle Sensor NIGHTMARE
By Ruth on 02/25/10 10:11 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had two Major issues. Bought the van and it had bad sensors everywhere. Airbags sensors bad, transmission sensor bad and the latest? throttle sensor. Fixed at a Dodge dealership. Toyota is not the only one with issues. When the throttle sensor went bad it had unintentional acceleration and nearly caused a fatality. Bad design. Hate electronic parts - especially bad ones.

very good bargain
By navy jim on 12/18/09 08:50 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I reviewed this vehicle in early 2005. Now have 69,000 miles and nearly 5 years later on this vehicle. I am just as impressed with it as I was then. Normal maintenance is all that's been required. Get 23 to 25 miles on the highway and 21 in town. I am more than pleased with it in all aspects. It's been a cheap, dependable, fun car to drive. I take good care of it and maintain it regularly.

Buy a solution, not a Chrysler
By Rudy on 07/31/09 12:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After 15,000 miles spark plugs, air bag, injectors, brakes (pads and rotors), air bag again, power steering leaks, noisy engine belts, cv joints, sliding doors donít close properly, so we can feel air coming thru doors rubber seals but, the worst one is that after 4 months trying to get a roof paint warranty thru Chrysler customer service they told me: Chrysler wonít participate in this repair.

Not Happy after 3 years
By Ken on 02/12/09 07:09 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At first I like our minivan. Some things are cheaply made like the seat covering. But it rode nice for 2 years. Then the sway bar links went and had them replaced but that didn't fix the noise that I hear still. My mechanic said the problem is with bushings on the sway bar and costly to repair. Now the transmission is going. After 67K miles I should have these kinds of problems. So overall I'm not happy with my Caravan

Never again
By anthony on 01/28/09 14:39 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our 2005 Dodge Caravan has about 52,000 miles on it now. What's wrong with it? Transmission slips in reverse and the rack and pinion leaks on the pasenger side. Lucky for us this is covered under our extended warranty. Right side front impact sensor bad, right tie rod end bad, and the sway bar bushings are bad. Not covered under warranty. The dealer wanted $900 to fix the three problems. I told them no I would do the repairs myself. Well $12 for sway bar bushings, $35 for tie rod end and $35 for impact sensor. it took about 1.5 hours to do it. Anyway this van is not built very good. Driving thru little mountains in Arkansas and we getting passed by a Geo. Trust me don't buy a Dodge

Miss my Town and Country
By randy on 07/26/08 21:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What a piece of junk. Brakes already replaced twice in less than 2 years, replaced all coolant hoses as they have rotted out. Gas mileage only 18 in city, and if we are real careful 22 on highway. Noisy and uncomfortable ride, cup holders a pain to adjust in front. We have said many times going from the Town and Country to this is like going from a Cadillac to a Chevette. Can't wait to get rid of it. Never again Dodge, or should I say "Dodge it."

A few issues
By t.glacy on 12/01/07 07:35 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Caravan has 46,000 miles so far. I have already had to replace one sensor (covered by warranty at 30,000). Just took car in for inspection and was told rack & pinion was leaking and repair will be approx $1,000! I am also having issues with check engine light again. Service dept. said it was a different sensor than the last one and needs to be replaced (upstream 02 sensor). Was also told breaks will need replacing soon. Overall I am OK with this vehicle, but getting hit with such high cost repairs so early on is not impressing me to buy another in the future.

Mom mobile
By kayadento on 04/02/07 17:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very dependable and reliable. No problems ever. Not so cool to drive though. It is a mom mobile. My kids are getting older and think it is a loser cruiser. It is a great automobile for older couples and people with young kids.