2005 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Great van with lots of versatility
By aveybaby on 03/29/13 22:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the perfect vehicle for a family. I got hooked on Dodge Caravan's years ago. I had one that lasted ten years with no problems until the transmission went out at about 200,000 miles. I bought a Windstar and didn't like it so got new Dodge Caravan again. For as much space and comfort as it has you can't beat the gas mileage. I consistently average 20 mpg. Considering that you can seat 7, that's a good value. I've replaced the battery, and the tires. It's now getting a bit older, over 150k miles on it, so I've replaced the radiator because of a leak, and the oxysensor valves (check engine light came on). Good value overall.

Best Van Ever
By bookworm2991 on 10/20/11 19:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in August 2010. I have a 3 year old and was expecting my second child. I fell in love with this van. It was very comfortable to ride in, had plenty of room, child seat anchors and one of the second row captains chairs had a built in 5 point harness child seat. During the year that we had it we never had any problems with it. I was recently in an accident and it was totaled. I am hoping to be able to replace my van with a newer model.

Great Ride
By moparmoma on 03/17/11 21:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We Bought the Caravan without the stow and go seats for the comfort of the second row captian chairs. Took family to motortrend car show and made them sit in seats for half an hour. Teenagers appreciated the comfort of captain chairs and the entertainment (DVD) system. This is a life saver on long road trips. Have 100,000 on the van with ALOT of road trips. No problems whatsoever. Replaced Battery once, brakes every 40,000 miles, and the ERG once at 85,000. OEM tires lasted 65,000 miles, replaced with Michelins. Good value and no problems--would buy buy again if they didn't switch to stow and go seats.

Like this car
By evelynp on 01/10/11 05:59 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is our 6th Caravan. We ordered it because of the stow away seat feature. Other requirements included leather seats. It has performed well for us with very little upkeep. My children borrow it all the time for hauling purposes and we have no complaints.

2005 minivan
By David on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. every week a new problem power doors work on twice still sometimes do not open or close. alternator replaced water pump replaced. very bad gas mileage. difficult to get in or out for me i am 6ft 1in. [non-permissible content removed] but i guess all are now. I have 1994 minivan that is still a great vehicle me and my ife prefer to drive it. 23,000 miles so and not near the repairs i have had with the 2005. i will never buy another American car co. cars again.selling the 2005 good riddance. going with Japanese vehicles for now on.

Good and cheap van
By MILAN on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van brand new, since than I do not have any big major problem, I just replaced tires and brake discs, also I have 99 Plymouth breeze with 156.000 miles on them and still running strong, I highly recommend Chrysler cars and vans, they need just take care of them, change oil and etc.

What's up with the wheel bearings?
By CaravanOwner315 on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this van from when it had 46,000 to 73,000 miles. I am now replacing my third wheel bearing. Now have replaced both front and 1 back. I have not found any sort of recall on this. I still have a 1996 Caravan and have never dealt with wheel bearings.

Very unhappy
By ivynmiami on 06/17/10 13:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had a bad accident and had to replace my Toyota corolla at 3 months pregnant though a minivan was going to be the best thing. I have 2 car payments a month one for the lender the other for the mechanic. I have had to change the motor seals timing belt motor mounts and now the cv joints. The car is comfortable and I love my minivan just hate that it has given me repair headaches. Maybe they are good cars but my turned out to be a big lemon.

Do not bother buying this
By Bob on 04/21/10 08:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought Dodge Grand Caravan 2005 in June 2005. It has not even completed 5 years. It has less than 50,000 miles on it. However, the problems that the van has is just mind boggling. My 1999 Corolla is more reliable and less costly in terms of repairs than Dodge Caravan. This is just a junk vehicle. I would never buy another Dodge product or recommend to anyone. Simply avoid it to save yourself lots of money, time, and aggravation.

Throttle Sensor NIGHTMARE
By Ruth on 02/25/10 10:11 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had two Major issues. Bought the van and it had bad sensors everywhere. Airbags sensors bad, transmission sensor bad and the latest? throttle sensor. Fixed at a Dodge dealership. Toyota is not the only one with issues. When the throttle sensor went bad it had unintentional acceleration and nearly caused a fatality. Bad design. Hate electronic parts - especially bad ones.