Used 2005 Dodge Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Great van with lots of versatility
By aveybaby

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the perfect vehicle for a family. I got hooked on Dodge Caravan's years ago. I had one that lasted ten years with no problems until the transmission went out at about 200,000 miles. I bought a Windstar and didn't like it so got new Dodge Caravan again. For as much space and comfort as it has you can't beat the gas mileage. I consistently average 20 mpg. Considering that you can seat 7, that's a good value. I've replaced the battery, and the tires. It's now getting a bit older, over 150k miles on it, so I've replaced the radiator because of a leak, and the oxysensor valves (check engine light came on). Good value overall.

stowaway seats, comfortable seats, good visibility, tons of space for pets and people. Can use as sleeping space when camping by putting a blow up mattress in the back.

My husband hates the way the heating/cooling system works. The back speakers rattle when you turn the volume up on your music if it has a lot of bass. They could have seated and cushioned the speakers better.

Best Van Ever
By bookworm2991

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in August 2010. I have a 3 year old and was expecting my second child. I fell in love with this van. It was very comfortable to ride in, had plenty of room, child seat anchors and one of the second row captains chairs had a built in 5 point harness child seat. During the year that we had it we never had any problems with it. I was recently in an accident and it was totaled. I am hoping to be able to replace my van with a newer model.

Great Ride
By moparmoma

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We Bought the Caravan without the stow and go seats for the comfort of the second row captian chairs. Took family to motortrend car show and made them sit in seats for half an hour. Teenagers appreciated the comfort of captain chairs and the entertainment (DVD) system. This is a life saver on long road trips. Have 100,000 on the van with ALOT of road trips. No problems whatsoever. Replaced Battery once, brakes every 40,000 miles, and the ERG once at 85,000. OEM tires lasted 65,000 miles, replaced with Michelins. Good value and no problems--would buy buy again if they didn't switch to stow and go seats.

Entertainment system. Two rows of Captian chairs, comfortable.

Quite road noise from wind and tires.

Like this car
By evelynp

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is our 6th Caravan. We ordered it because of the stow away seat feature. Other requirements included leather seats. It has performed well for us with very little upkeep. My children borrow it all the time for hauling purposes and we have no complaints.

Stow Away Seats, Electric side and trunk doors storage options, Sirius radio with control knobs on steering wheel, leather seats-easy upkeep with kids and dogs, lots and lots of room more than in any other minivan we looked at. Good car

Perhaps more comfortable seat for passenger for long hauls as we drive 8-9 hours to our lake home in the summer

2005 minivan
By David

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. every week a new problem power doors work on twice still sometimes do not open or close. alternator replaced water pump replaced. very bad gas mileage. difficult to get in or out for me i am 6ft 1in. [non-permissible content removed] but i guess all are now. I have 1994 minivan that is still a great vehicle me and my ife prefer to drive it. 23,000 miles so and not near the repairs i have had with the 2005. i will never buy another American car co. cars again.selling the 2005 good riddance. going with Japanese vehicles for now on.

none