What is Dodge trying to do to me?
By williamsgrl22 on
2004 Dodge Caravan CV 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
Considering my Caravan has a little over 430,000 miles on it, I would say overall this model is worth the money. I purchased this vehicle from a family member about a year ago. At that time it had about 400,000 miles on it but had everything except the engine and transmission replaced in it. It was very well maintained and 90% of the miles were highway miles. I was told by the previous owner, whom bought the van brand new, that the brakes have never been up to par, the headlights are terrible, and the entire front end had been replaced (no accidents...just wear and tear).
Favorite Features
I absolutely love the amount of space inside this vehicle. I can fit 5 carseats comfortably in this van.
Suggested Improvements
Better braking system would be a nice start...no matter how much work I have done on the brakes they never work as well as they should. The cloth interior and floor mats are not kid friendly at all. Kid friendly everything should be standard in all vans. And how many times should an owner be expected to replace the rack and pinion set on this vehicle because once should be enough. The whole front end suspension is in desperate need of a revamp...and Im referring to right off the assembly line. I am now working on a broken front drivers side axle as well as new brakes (again in the last year) and another new power steering pump. I want my Mazda MPV back!!