Used 2004 Dodge Caravan CV Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Most Helpful|
a good choice is you need a minivan
By Dad of 2

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan CV 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My new caravan sxt is a company vehicle. Certainly beats the typical sedans.

Favorite Features

lots of room. loads of features for the price.

Suggested Improvements

the seats are amazingly uncomfortable. I drive my wife's volvo and wonder how dodge coule be so far behind.

What is Dodge trying to do to me?
By williamsgrl22

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan CV 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Considering my Caravan has a little over 430,000 miles on it, I would say overall this model is worth the money. I purchased this vehicle from a family member about a year ago. At that time it had about 400,000 miles on it but had everything except the engine and transmission replaced in it. It was very well maintained and 90% of the miles were highway miles. I was told by the previous owner, whom bought the van brand new, that the brakes have never been up to par, the headlights are terrible, and the entire front end had been replaced (no accidents...just wear and tear).

Favorite Features

I absolutely love the amount of space inside this vehicle. I can fit 5 carseats comfortably in this van.

Suggested Improvements

Better braking system would be a nice start...no matter how much work I have done on the brakes they never work as well as they should. The cloth interior and floor mats are not kid friendly at all. Kid friendly everything should be standard in all vans. And how many times should an owner be expected to replace the rack and pinion set on this vehicle because once should be enough. The whole front end suspension is in desperate need of a revamp...and Im referring to right off the assembly line. I am now working on a broken front drivers side axle as well as new brakes (again in the last year) and another new power steering pump. I want my Mazda MPV back!!