2004 Dodge Caravan SXT Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

SXT Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Nice family car for most parts
By Halldor Geirsson on 03/03/15 14:41 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car (model 2004) for 5 years and drove 64k miles on it (56-110k). The car probably had some prior frontal damage before I bought it, which may have propagated into some of the maintenance issues I ran into. We had to replace a number of things (radiator, alternator/battery, window motor, rotors, tail light, etc) and had the check-engine light on for most of the time, due to some emission codes which could never be figured despite a few tries by the local dealer and another garage. But the great thing about owning a Dodge in the US is that spare parts are easy and quick to get and we probably only lost a couple of days when we would have needed to use the car. Overall likable car.

FRONT END FACTORY TOLERANCE AT LIMIT
By kwethington1 on 12/13/12 17:39 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Plymouth/Dodge van. We bought both new. The 98 was great. This van will not align without changing the toe-in to make up for the left veering. The front right side of the axle, is at the factory limit of degrees forward of ideal, the the front left side axle is at the factory limit for back of ideal. Consequently, when aligned, properly, the car is 3 or 4 degrees out of straight and veers left, a lot. The dealership kept it running straight when it was under warranty. It left the factory, driving straight. Both had to set the toe-in off to do this.

Don't buy it
By worst van ever on 05/18/08 22:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

i live in Puerto Rico and I have spend more than 5,000 dollars in it. It still gives me problems. I really don't know why people say they love it because mine has been really bad.

Unhappy Consumer
By Unhappy customer on 01/29/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am overjoyed today as I just traded in my mini-van (at a loss of 4500) for another vehicle. I had the van for 2 years and in that time had the brakes replaced twice and now the power steering was going out on it. Spark plugs had to be replaced twice and the vehicle just did not drive very well at all. The cloth interior was not very kid friendly. The mileage was okay. I was also concerned about the vehicle breaking down. The seatbelts never fit my children"s booster seats very securely.

Happy with my van
By cie on 12/23/05 18:42 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

So far I am totally satisfied with my van. The only problem I have had thus far was about 2.5 months after I bought the car it started cutting off on me so I took it in and they said that it was my spark plugs I donít know why after that short period of time that a new car would have that problem but it did it was fixed of course with no charge to me and the tires I think I have cheap tires but I can buy new one but all in all I love my mini van it seats all 6 of us comfortably

STX is a SMART BUY
By Lisa/Matt NJ on 03/01/05 16:14 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Have had van for 10 months, aside from taking it back to dealer for a cracked vacuum line and a leak where the oil filter mounts to the engine the van has been trouble free. This is our second Sport model and we love it. Rides great and is the perfect size for our 2 kid family. Love rear split seats. Love price and styling. Would buy it again.

Happy Camper
By prizepig on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall a very good van. Our brakes are sqeaking, but no other problems. I like the smaller version over the grand.

we love our new carravan
By papagene4jack on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

this is my 3rd carravan and we love it.

The Minivan King
By MIKE Sw on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the fourth minivan from Chrysler Corp. in our family. We were naturally cautious because of the amount of money involved, but chose the SXT. With incentives, including an extra $1000 for current owners (we have a Neon), our SXT cost appx. $18k. Great van with reasonable power, good handling, plenty of room, and good features.

2004 SXT
By anonymous-33 on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

So far so good. This fan has been fantastic in the snow, despite the fact we did not get the AWD version. The seating flexability hs great. Controls are well placed, and there is room for everybody and everything. Paid 25K loaded (no sunroof though)