2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Best Reliability You can ever get
By sammym1 on 06/17/11 02:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car from the US and took with me to Russia, it had 90k miles and ive been using it for 3 years, it has been SUPER PERFECT CAR i abuse the car by not changing the oil or the brakes n not warming the engine when its -30 degree and still the car never stopped or had any problems i just change the oil every 8 month and thts it, i never spent any money on it maybe because it has no options other than the CD and Airbags i want to change the car but im afraid that if i bought something else it wont be as reliable as this one

From bad to worse
By George on 07/01/10 20:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our first one was 1997 Plymouth Voyager 3.L, Transmission went at 20k and then again at 100k.Had it rebuild by specialty shop and traded the van at 270k with no further issues. Mitsubishi 3.l engine never needed a tune-up! This one is 2004 special edition with 73k and transmission went without warning. A $3,000.00 repair cost plus towing. We do not complain, paid little, got little in return. Chrysler delivered as expected another poor quality product.

Good basic family hauler
By Landric on 04/21/10 18:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle used about six months ago. I discovered the day before my twin sons were born that I could not fit a car seat behind the driver's seat in my Toyota Matrix and still drive it comfortably. I couldn't afford a new van right then, but I needed something I could fit car seats in and still drive. I have the base SE with the 4-cylinder, AC, & CD Player. The only option it has are the side airbags. So far no break downs, though sometimes the transmission behaves strangely when the heater is on, shifting erratically. It's only happened a couple of times, but its disconcerting. I just bought a new 2009 Kia Sedona at a hefty discount, so the Caravan is now around town only.

NEED TO DUMP MY DODGE!
By netraluv96 on 06/19/09 14:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have not liked this van since the purchase and I am now in great need to get rid of it. I have replaced the brakes once and they are in need of repair in only a year and a half of wear. I have replaced the spark plugs and now the car is doing this weird thing when you turn the AC on the engine starts stuttering and at times will cut off. The seat belts do not fit my kids car seats and I do not feel that they have a top notch car for safety to travel in. The body is not very sturdy. I do not recommend this van to anyone.

Buy a Dodge today
By Nurse Susan on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

for the style, comfort, durability, quality, and price, this van can not be beat. excellent warranty options, easy to handle and priced very affordable for those on a budget