2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
FRONT END FACTORY TOLERANCE AT LIMIT
By kwethington1 on 12/13/12 17:39 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Plymouth/Dodge van. We bought both new. The 98 was great. This van will not align without changing the toe-in to make up for the left veering. The front right side of the axle, is at the factory limit of degrees forward of ideal, the the front left side axle is at the factory limit for back of ideal. Consequently, when aligned, properly, the car is 3 or 4 degrees out of straight and veers left, a lot. The dealership kept it running straight when it was under warranty. It left the factory, driving straight. Both had to set the toe-in off to do this.

What is Dodge trying to do to me?
By williamsgrl22 on 09/09/11 08:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan CV 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Considering my Caravan has a little over 430,000 miles on it, I would say overall this model is worth the money. I purchased this vehicle from a family member about a year ago. At that time it had about 400,000 miles on it but had everything except the engine and transmission replaced in it. It was very well maintained and 90% of the miles were highway miles. I was told by the previous owner, whom bought the van brand new, that the brakes have never been up to par, the headlights are terrible, and the entire front end had been replaced (no accidents...just wear and tear).

Best Reliability You can ever get
By sammym1 on 06/17/11 02:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car from the US and took with me to Russia, it had 90k miles and ive been using it for 3 years, it has been SUPER PERFECT CAR i abuse the car by not changing the oil or the brakes n not warming the engine when its -30 degree and still the car never stopped or had any problems i just change the oil every 8 month and thts it, i never spent any money on it maybe because it has no options other than the CD and Airbags i want to change the car but im afraid that if i bought something else it wont be as reliable as this one

From bad to worse
By George on 07/01/10 20:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our first one was 1997 Plymouth Voyager 3.L, Transmission went at 20k and then again at 100k.Had it rebuild by specialty shop and traded the van at 270k with no further issues. Mitsubishi 3.l engine never needed a tune-up! This one is 2004 special edition with 73k and transmission went without warning. A $3,000.00 repair cost plus towing. We do not complain, paid little, got little in return. Chrysler delivered as expected another poor quality product.

Good basic family hauler
By Landric on 04/21/10 18:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle used about six months ago. I discovered the day before my twin sons were born that I could not fit a car seat behind the driver's seat in my Toyota Matrix and still drive it comfortably. I couldn't afford a new van right then, but I needed something I could fit car seats in and still drive. I have the base SE with the 4-cylinder, AC, & CD Player. The only option it has are the side airbags. So far no break downs, though sometimes the transmission behaves strangely when the heater is on, shifting erratically. It's only happened a couple of times, but its disconcerting. I just bought a new 2009 Kia Sedona at a hefty discount, so the Caravan is now around town only.

NEED TO DUMP MY DODGE!
By netraluv96 on 06/19/09 14:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have not liked this van since the purchase and I am now in great need to get rid of it. I have replaced the brakes once and they are in need of repair in only a year and a half of wear. I have replaced the spark plugs and now the car is doing this weird thing when you turn the AC on the engine starts stuttering and at times will cut off. The seat belts do not fit my kids car seats and I do not feel that they have a top notch car for safety to travel in. The body is not very sturdy. I do not recommend this van to anyone.

Don't buy it
By worst van ever on 05/18/08 22:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

i live in Puerto Rico and I have spend more than 5,000 dollars in it. It still gives me problems. I really don't know why people say they love it because mine has been really bad.

Unhappy Consumer
By Unhappy customer on 01/29/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am overjoyed today as I just traded in my mini-van (at a loss of 4500) for another vehicle. I had the van for 2 years and in that time had the brakes replaced twice and now the power steering was going out on it. Spark plugs had to be replaced twice and the vehicle just did not drive very well at all. The cloth interior was not very kid friendly. The mileage was okay. I was also concerned about the vehicle breaking down. The seatbelts never fit my children"s booster seats very securely.

Happy with my van
By cie on 12/23/05 18:42 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

So far I am totally satisfied with my van. The only problem I have had thus far was about 2.5 months after I bought the car it started cutting off on me so I took it in and they said that it was my spark plugs I don’t know why after that short period of time that a new car would have that problem but it did it was fixed of course with no charge to me and the tires I think I have cheap tires but I can buy new one but all in all I love my mini van it seats all 6 of us comfortably

STX is a SMART BUY
By Lisa/Matt NJ on 03/01/05 16:14 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Have had van for 10 months, aside from taking it back to dealer for a cracked vacuum line and a leak where the oil filter mounts to the engine the van has been trouble free. This is our second Sport model and we love it. Rides great and is the perfect size for our 2 kid family. Love rear split seats. Love price and styling. Would buy it again.