2003 Dodge Caravan Consumer Review: Very happy with 2003 caravan

2003 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Review

Very happy with 2003 caravan
By heatherj on

2003 Dodge Caravan CV Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is our 3rd van, and it has been terrific. 3 teenage sons all learned to drive on it, so there has been bodywork done, but no major repairs have been needed. :) have always had recommended maintenance carried out on schedule, though. It starts in -35 degree weather without being plugged in (it's in Canada) and air conditioning works like a dream when we have +80 f temperatures. It has been ideal with two kids playing sports and lots of trips to out-of-town games. This is my third Dodge caravan, the first being a 1983, the second a 1999, and I would buy another anytime. Great family vehicle, affordable, good mileage. Very practical vehicle.

Really like convenient access to the back seats provided by sliding passenger doors on both sides. Get about 375 miles per tank routinely. Love the visibility. I am the mom, and can take the back and center seats out and reinstall them by myself. Awkward to lift in and out alone, but possible.

Found it handled very differently from our 1999 Dodge Caravan. Steering seemed loose on curves compared to the other van, but got used to it in time.