Used 2003 Dodge Caravan SE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

never had a problem!!!!
By carol

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this van for 12 years. never had any major repairs. great on gas. would not trade it in.

Great vehicle
By miller1980

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my caravan at 78,000 miles I've only had a couple problems since owning the car. First the O2 sensor went out (kind of an expensive fix for a single mom) and the power steering pump is going out. Other than that it has been a gem. I've driven it in the snow and curvy mountain roads for two years with no issues. The car is now at 130,000 miles and still running even after hitting a deer really hard.

POOR QUALITY
By lyndaw1

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Everyone on here talks about how great there van is. Mine is a piece of junk. The automatic side doors do not open. The a/c has been broke for over a year. The automatic trunk door doesn't open. The driver side door for the passenger doesn't open up for my daughter to get out now. Now the transmission is starting to slip. Should I go on with the problems??? We bought this van for something reliable not for something that would break down. The van has been a big disappointment to say the least. I will never buy another Dodge. Now I am stuck with it. I do not have the money to go out and buy something new.

Excellent, dependable
By brosun

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought at 39,000. Gave to our son as a wedding present with 165,000 in 7/10. What a car! Best quality American car I have owned in 40 years. Replaced a the water pump myself for $30 at 120K. Washers never worked, corroded pump but I don't think I washed the windshield by hand once a year! Absolutely nothing to complain about. Comfortable to ride in. Plenty of power, roomy, exterior was like showroom when we let it go after 7 years. Engine and transmission superb. ps: NEVER allow anything but Chrysler ATF 4 or 5 in your car. You WILL have transmission problems. You've been warned! This Caravan raised the bar for any future cars I should buy!

Bumper to bumper quality design!

Why can't manufacturers build cars like this consistently?

Don't hit anything
By Phavens

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My dodge was working fine - did have to replace brakes pretty often - but was for the most part satisfied...until it slipped on the road due to snow - and hit a drain - which totaled the car. TOTALED THE CAR! one jolt - and the entire underside was busted to pieces - so i question the strength of the engine. I've read other reviews saying the same thing. So if you never get hit nor hit anything, you might be okay...just be really really careful.

• SUV