2003 Dodge Caravan Sport Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Caravan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Sort Reviews by

pure junk
By john-d

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

tranny problems...underpowered..wiring problems,constant motor noises, almost no get and go , overall a junk made van , after owning a ford wind-star this van is far from the quality of the ford

Best Van Made
By Dale In Florida

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Best vehice I have ever owned...I,M 62 AND HAVE OWNED TONS......

Favorite Features

RIDE, 20+ MPG, RELIABILITY, COMFORT, AND MOST OF ALL CAN USE FOR EVERYTHING.

Suggested Improvements

KEEP MAKING THEM.

Good Value, Looks Like a Keeper.
By Siyu 28

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Thousands less than the Odyssey & Sienna, this was the choice. With kids, saving thousands to have it trashed was worth it. SXT package had aluminum rims, capt. chairs & tinted glass, that was all was needed. Rides & handles very well & decent gas mileage. Interior a little cheesy, but who cares, everything was functional. Had an early minor steering recall & had a rack & pinion leak at 30K. Back row difficult to take out/in. All in all a decent van that I'll probably keep til it (knock on wood). Unfortunately, these vehicles don't hold or have any value over time. If I get over 100K on it, I will consider it a bonus. Sadly, this is probably Dodge's top vehicle, a van, but it's a keeper!

Favorite Features

Decent option package for the price. Comfortable ride. The speedometer background is white. Gas mileage is surprisingly good, close to 20 mpg in the city.

Suggested Improvements

You can see plenty of under and over weld when you open the doors. You won't see much of this in imports. SXT package has rear drum brakes and no ABS.

Love my Caravan
By Sue B

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 1988 Plymouth Voyager I bought new and just loved it so I bought this 2003 Caravan. Love it as well. I'm short 5'2", and I sit very comfortably and can handle this very well. It steers precisely and is very easy to park. Easier than my Honda Accord I traded for this. It is a lot quieter than my Honda's have been. I would of tried a Honda van, but they were too expensive and I'm trying to lower my debts. The Van looks sporty as well. Nice wheels. My mom has a caravan and loves it too.

Favorite Features

Both sides have a slider door. There are bag hooks in the cargo area for those plastic grocery bags that fall all over. A/C works great, haven't tried the heat yet. Easy steering.

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders. Maybe a door junk pocket.

My best vehicle ever
By Marcel

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Drives with great comfort with ease. Not really much more to say. I love it. My wife has a Sebring and we love it too.

Suggested Improvements

Fold down rear seats and they are already doing it. I'd buy another one. It needs to be able to add a heavy duty rear for better trailering.

Electrical Nightmare
By Ali

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Caravan brand new and within 2 months of owning it I started having problems. It won't start if the temperature outside is below 30 (dealership can't find problem), I have already had to have driver's side and passenger side windows fixed (they wouldn't roll down), had to have cabin lights fixed twice (first they wouldn't come on and then they wouldn't shut off), and still sometimes when I am driving all the alarms lights and cabin lights come on for no reason and then just back off after a few minutes. This was a replacement for the first 2003 Caravan I originally purchased that exhibited the same problems! Two electrical nightmares in a row!

Favorite Features

Good interior space.

Suggested Improvements

Figure out why they won't start if it is colder than 30 degrees! I need a dependable vehicle to get to work!

A Bargin for the Price
By Hpedigo

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a rock solid piece of machinery. Reliable and very dependable. Now has 39,000 miles and only failure has been the CD player which was warrantied.

Favorite Features

Quad seating, great driving visibility, seat comfort, quiet smooth ride, instrumentation is easy to read. Best sound system around. Steady 20-21 mpg in light city traffic.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlights would be nice and it needs another 25-30 hp in the engine compartment to be more than just adequate.

Best Value on Highway
By Hpedigo

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this "03" Sport off lease for $16,000 with 13,000 miles on it. Have driven it over 12,000 trouble free miles in 7 months. Average 20-21 mpg in a 60/40 city hwy mix. Looked at Oddesys and Siennas but they are way too pricey. Honda has too much road noise and can't get good features on the Toyota with buying items you may not want. Build quality and reliability for these Caravans has really improved in past 4-5 years. I highly recommend them!

Favorite Features

Quiet ride, very little road noise, comfortable seating, handling is very precise, secure breaking,great stereo and speaker placement, quad seats remove easily, good visibility, dual zone a/c for driver/passenger, rear a/c has great vents, on-board trip computer, no-hassle operation.

Suggested Improvements

The 3.3L is okay but on occasion I've wished I had the 3.8L.

2003 Caravan Sport
By Thomas Churchman

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

A solid value, it gives us 4 spacious bucket seats, we removed the rear bench and installed a power wheelchair winch, it has ample room for a large power chair, cargo, with space left behind the 4 seats, all which recline. My model has ample pickup, and very easy to manuever.

The Best Minivan there is
By hydro

2003 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just love this minivan, I would rather drive it than my Jag. It holds the road great, has lots of room, noise is quiet, looks good inside and I love the power door options.

Favorite Features

Power doors, electronic package, front wheel drive steering feel and all the room.

Suggested Improvements

Larger engine to pull my 22 foot boat.