Used 2003 Dodge Caravan Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

pure junk
By john-d

2003 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

tranny problems...underpowered..wiring problems,constant motor noises, almost no get and go , overall a junk made van , after owning a ford wind-star this van is far from the quality of the ford

Best Van Made
By Dale In Florida

2003 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Best vehice I have ever owned...I,M 62 AND HAVE OWNED TONS......

RIDE, 20+ MPG, RELIABILITY, COMFORT, AND MOST OF ALL CAN USE FOR EVERYTHING.

KEEP MAKING THEM.

Good Value, Looks Like a Keeper.
By Siyu 28

2003 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Thousands less than the Odyssey & Sienna, this was the choice. With kids, saving thousands to have it trashed was worth it. SXT package had aluminum rims, capt. chairs & tinted glass, that was all was needed. Rides & handles very well & decent gas mileage. Interior a little cheesy, but who cares, everything was functional. Had an early minor steering recall & had a rack & pinion leak at 30K. Back row difficult to take out/in. All in all a decent van that I'll probably keep til it (knock on wood). Unfortunately, these vehicles don't hold or have any value over time. If I get over 100K on it, I will consider it a bonus. Sadly, this is probably Dodge's top vehicle, a van, but it's a keeper!

Decent option package for the price. Comfortable ride. The speedometer background is white. Gas mileage is surprisingly good, close to 20 mpg in the city.

You can see plenty of under and over weld when you open the doors. You won't see much of this in imports. SXT package has rear drum brakes and no ABS.

Love my Caravan
By Sue B

2003 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 1988 Plymouth Voyager I bought new and just loved it so I bought this 2003 Caravan. Love it as well. I'm short 5'2", and I sit very comfortably and can handle this very well. It steers precisely and is very easy to park. Easier than my Honda Accord I traded for this. It is a lot quieter than my Honda's have been. I would of tried a Honda van, but they were too expensive and I'm trying to lower my debts. The Van looks sporty as well. Nice wheels. My mom has a caravan and loves it too.

Both sides have a slider door. There are bag hooks in the cargo area for those plastic grocery bags that fall all over. A/C works great, haven't tried the heat yet. Easy steering.

More cup holders. Maybe a door junk pocket.

My best vehicle ever
By Marcel

2003 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Drives with great comfort with ease. Not really much more to say. I love it. My wife has a Sebring and we love it too.

Fold down rear seats and they are already doing it. I'd buy another one. It needs to be able to add a heavy duty rear for better trailering.