2002 Dodge Caravan Consumer Reviews 5

2002 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Caravan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Very Impressed
By ABP on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I own a 1997 dodge and my wife lease was up on her Toyota. I looked at the Kia van and like it very much but its the first year Kia is making a van and the first year in production. Chysler has been making vans for a long time and this new one shows they know what they are doing. The car is tight, handles excellent, well designed, powerful and a lot for the money.. With the 100,000 warrenty, you dont have to worry about the big ticket items cost you money if they break.

I wouldn't buy it again
By Coloradoan on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I've had the van for 7 months now, have had it in the shop 3 times. I need to take it back again for the airbag light coming on this will be the second time for this problem). Everything from the throttle position sensor, airbag light coming on, to the check engine light coming on and the van dying out when warming it up. Had the brakes lock up a couple of times when stopping normally too. I would avoid this vehicle. My neighbor had some of the same problems with the Dodge Dakota pickup truck too, so it seems to run in the Dodge family.

not good
By wendy on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I will not buy any dodge or crysler vehicle.

Crapavan
By Mr. Swizenheimer on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

A week after I bought this crap, it was back in the dealership being repaired. Then the sliding doors jammed and stayed open, another trip to the dealership. The lights went out in the middle of the night and i crashed the car, completely ruined, but when it was crashed it looked better then it did before. Never buy this crap, I cant believe I bought it. i would have prefered a matress on wheels.

Dodge 2002 Grand Caravan
By jackson on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

This has been an excellent vechicle and the ride and comfort makes you forget that this is a mini van!

sorry i bought it
By Unhappy on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I should have bought the Honda Odyssey. I tried to save money, boy what a mistake! The transmition is not right, but they can't figure it out. I think they are good with their offers but you get what you pay for. Maybe I should have leased it...so I could dump it.

sorry i bought it
By unhappy on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Exellent Family Van
By Happy Customer on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Superb comfort,responsive engine,luxurious ride.Last but not least Exellent value with current rebates.

Best Driving of the Vans
By lanshahan on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

After reading all the hype about the Honda and getting a chance to drive a 01 and 02 Honda I can't see what the hype is about. Yes the magic seat is a neat feature and the upgraded motor and tranny are class leading but the Dodge offers a better balanced suspension, steering with more feel, a quieter interior (the Honda is noisy), better seats, built in child seats (just as much as a plus as Honda's magic seat), surprisingly tight build quality, smooth motor and tranny, all for thousands less in real world money.

Very solid vault
By Kestrel on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Have owned other Caravans and the 2001 model is a nice leap up in quiet solidity. I've towed a small pop up to Florida with great results. No real problems besides the pop-up throwing off the cruise control (it couldn't compensate for some reason). With 14000 on the odometer, I am still very happy. I got the cheapie Grand SE. You get all the room, the 3.3, but miss out on the power sliders and tailgate. I paid 20 even so I was willing to make the trade off. Would have liked to option to the 3.8 but of course that is only available on EX and ES.