Used 2002 Dodge Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Don't buy a Dodge Grand Caravan
By scolby

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

34000 mile the sway bar bushings had to be replaced. Took 4 trips to the dealer before they got it right. At 41000 miles the transmission went out. Lucky for me I bought an extended warranty. At 44000 miles the blinkers decided to quit working. Not fixed yet. I will never buy another Dodge for as long as I live. Can't believe that a transmission would die with only 41000 miles on it. I should have learned from the last one which went out at 78000 miles.

Comfortable ride and controls are well placed for the driver.

Get some engineers that know how to design things so that they want break so soon.

Bad Luck
By kraker

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Had grand caravan for 2 yrs now. I should have learned from last caravan. At dealership for transmission problems twice, front end constantly pulls to left, numerous times airbag light illuminates intermittent, while turning steering system makes surging sound and steering wheel vibrates (thats after recall fix), Due to alignment problem had to purchase new tires after one year. Dealership insists there is no problem with front end. In process of getting rid of and buying foreign, no more Chrysler products for me.

Lots of room.

Chrysler seems to continue to have transmission problems, fix it!

The Dodge Minivan
By Andrea P

2002 Dodge Caravan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the van new and got a great deal. I was leary with Dodge because of past experiences with their transmissions. So far, so good. I love it. I'm constantly afraid something will happen, but that's what the warranty is for. Although overall I love it. I wouldn't buy anything but a minivan again. When you have kids you can't beat the roominess.

The roominess of the minivan is definitely my favorite feature. You have more space than you would in an SUV. I also like the dual sliding doors. That seems to be the latest feature. Before you only had one.

I think that power windows and locks should be standard on this model.

NICE AND STEADY
By bigducks

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We still have our 93 caravan with over 154,000 mile and decided we needed the 2002 sport for our long trips back east to see our kids. We like the ride, style, and versatility.

smooth ride and tight turning radius, it has the same turning radius as the toyota camery

would have liked to have had the 3.8 but we didn't want a grand caravn

Hate my 2002 caravan LOVED my 2000
By nomoredodge4me

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

This is my second caravan, my first was a 2000 base stripped down model 3 door and I LOVED IT! Drove like a car, the quality was all over it from the seats to the engine it was well built. My 2002 SHOCKED me the quality went WAY down hill. I have had more service calls for A/C, engine and brakes and disappointment with the interior than I can tell you! Check it from head to toe if you are considering a purchase. Also, you cannot open the back with out the key...Inconvenient!! I will be trading mine for a Nissan Quest!

Looks great! Seats 7, can fit all of my hubby's DJ equipment.

Increase the quality of the interior, make the hatchback open with a handle like the 2000's had.

• SUV