2002 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Shiney Lemons
By Lindsay Hoffman on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

We bought this van because we needed reliable transportation to take our kids to the doctor. It's been in the shop at least 6 times for warranty repairs (ac leaking, ac fan broke, rotors needed turning, catalytic converter, muffler, lower control arms, I'm sure I'm forgetting something). Some of the stuff is finally fixed after several returns and some of it is not fixed yet after several returns. We've never been given a rental even though they've had it over night, so I am forced to bum a ride from a friend or sit in the dealership for hours with two children.

Buy an SUV skip the mini van
By Brynn on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the van because of the very low price, and room. It's quite comfortable, I needed a car to get me to and from work that is comfy and roomy, and thats what I got. I have had problems w/ dodge cars in the past though, so I am still leary about the van, My alternator went out on my dodge stratus at 40,000 miles and it costed 900 buck to fix, what a rip off, plus a lot of dodge engine parts, you can only buy at dodge, so you are basically stuck w/ buying them from the dealer at outrageous prices. I'm kicking myself for not buying an SUV instead, I am actually trading the van in for a durango in a few weeks, much more useable for living in Washington state.

Happy with this vehicle!
By Athene on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

This is my second caravan. Traded a '95 6 cylinder for this one. I love the way it handles, it's quiet, and the seating is comfortable. Greatest improvement for me was the second sliding door. We had over 100,000 on the '95 and never needed any repairs. This one was in twice early on for a problem with a sensor which activates the airbag light. Otherwise, it's been an uneventful year. I do recommend the 6 cylinder if budget allows, since most complaints I have heard come from owners of 4 cylinder models.

Buying New Vs. Buying Used
By carwoman on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I went looking at used vans.A Chevy Ven 99, Olds Silo 02 but with 30k and a Nissan Quest 01 with 24k.Prices were 12k,17k,18k We went to a Dodge dealership and found the ec (extra cheap) marker 18k ad for 16k and bought for 15.5k. We were worried about the engine but with a 4cyl 4 it should be fine. We had a dodge before the only problem was the trans went at 96k but with the warranty we are safe at least to 70k and it was a sensible choice. I had read they are discontinuing this model so it might be a good bet if you can catch one a dealership that they need to move. Call around and

Good vehicle so far...
By Mitchell lee on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Rides real nice and smooth and very quiet. Plenty of models and colors to choose from and many price catagories for every budget. Our caravan sport has all the basic features(power doors,windows,cd player etc., and removable 2nd and 3rd level seats. Nice interior size with very comfortable cloth seats. Front bucket seats are very well contured. Somewhat cheap plastic interior with no console between front seats(cargo net provided). You do get adjustable cup holders and the back seat has hooks for groceries. Very practical! Rear climate control apparently only available in grand caravan and T&C models. A major disappointment!

Solid vehicle for the $$$$
By mitchell lee on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We just bought this caravan sport and we are very happpy with it. A solid well rounded van with a very quiet comfortable ride. The 3.3 6cyl is exceptable but we wish we had paid a little more for the grand caravan which comes with the 3.8 liter engine and 30 more horsepower. The worst feature is the lack of dual climate control.

Caravan redefines poor quality
By Krysler Krap on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

What a piece of junk. The body work is simply awful. The sheet metal is too thin. The hinge that holds the front door broke free from the body of the vehicle. The Air Conditioner keeps breaking.

Love my Caravan
By mike and colleen on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Dodge Caravan SE 3.3L 6 cyl enging: very attractive (interior and exterior). smooth ride, fun to drive. excellent a/c. comfy seats. kids love it. in a recent 5,000 mile road trip, couldn't have been happier.

This Is a Great Van!
By Phillip Merlino on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This Car In many ways is better than The Oddesy. One reason It has A quieter Interior Because Of not having the Fold Down Third row seat which Makes a sound hole with the opening. The 3.8 Liter V6 Makes Excellent Power Which realy Comes in handy when Climbing grades. The vehicle also climbs grades Wonderfully! I purchased The EX Model With Leather Both Power Sliding Doors And A power Liftgate For an excellent Price of $26,500 This car is a great Buy for the money and is very reliable. P.S I wanted to say Thankyou TO chrysler For building such A good Quality Vehicle.

Very Impressed
By ABP on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I own a 1997 dodge and my wife lease was up on her Toyota. I looked at the Kia van and like it very much but its the first year Kia is making a van and the first year in production. Chysler has been making vans for a long time and this new one shows they know what they are doing. The car is tight, handles excellent, well designed, powerful and a lot for the money.. With the 100,000 warrenty, you dont have to worry about the big ticket items cost you money if they break.