2002 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
EXCELLENT FOR THE PRICE
By GH on 12/29/06 19:41 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

the car is excellent for the price, no to mauch staff inside, but enought. Versatility and you can carry big famly, thing ,.,,..,.

Don't Like It
By R Bishop on 05/15/06 14:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Vehicle was fine at first. Had to replace something for the air conditioner and you can not replace just the compressor you have to replace all the parts that go with it. Had to replace water pump twice. Had to replace front right tie rod. The back latch has not worked since I bought it. No big deal I could use my key. Now the lock for the latch does not work and I cannot get in the back. The check engine light comes on occasionally. This had something to do with the gas cap. On two occasions my lights went out when I was driving and the defrosters kicked on without having them on. Now the transmission has something wrong with it the mechanic says. I will never buy a Caravan again.

Dodge is a Value Packed Minivan
By GK on 09/21/05 14:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Got this minivan with incentives. It was a great unbeatable price. Just $16000 + tax/registration ( No power windows and locks and CD) but had automatic transmission , A/C and CassetePlayer. It's running great. I have 33,000 miles on it. Had to visit dealership for some weird wiper problems during peak winter but they fixed it. I follow schedule B maintenace from the manual and don't forsee any major issues till 75,000 miles. Lets wait and watch.

Terrrific vehicle - versatile & reliable
By Michael on 08/27/05 21:33 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have driven our SWB Caravan Sport over 75,000 miles in 2.5 years. It has been virtually trouble free. The only exception was a sliding door issue that was covered by warrantee. It has met our every need from a local people hauler to a vacation and camping marvel. Terrific handling, very good fuel economy (consistently over 21 mpg combined), and great looks. My engineer daughter loves to drive it. We are passing it on to our son who now has two small kids, but replacing it with a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country Touring model. We are sold on this car.

Stay away from Dodge
By Lou on 07/29/05 14:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Considerably inexpensive. Paid half the price of a same year Honda van we purchased for my wife's use. Engine wise it is very peppy and economical. Very spacious for our family of 5. However, after 50,000 miles and 3 years, the evaporator and condenser needed replacing. $1000 dollars later the A/C was cooling satisfactory again. Soon I will tradeit in for a Honda van.

Caravan average at best
By Brautman on 07/23/05 01:23 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased an extended Dodge Caravan Sport and we enjoyed it in the test drive, but after we took it home it had some faults. We noticed the sound of an air leak from the windshield area that whistled particularly at highway speeds. The interior quality is quite poor as our passenger side sliding door panel fell off. The seats are comfortable and all rows are roomy. Performance isn't great with the 3.3L V6, but hey its a minivan.

I love my Dodge
By Jen on 06/29/05 15:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have five kids (and a husband) and this car is large enough for all of us and our stuff. It is very reliable, I have only had to replace brake pads and tires. Finally, unlike other minivans, it looks good. I don't feel like a frumpy mom when I am in my sporty van with sleek lines. Now if we could just get an automatic french fry remover!

Do Not Buy Dodge
By Fenway5 on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this van for two years. I am in the process of trading it in for a Toyota (I owned a Toyota prior to buying this van). At 37,600 miles the headlights started going out. I was driving in the middle of the night and the headlights went out on me. I am lucky I didn't kill myself. Dodge Dealer said it was an electrical short? The car is only two years old! Also had trouble with battery disconnecting from its mount at a 1 year old.

Don't buy a Dodge Grand Caravan
By scolby on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

34000 mile the sway bar bushings had to be replaced. Took 4 trips to the dealer before they got it right. At 41000 miles the transmission went out. Lucky for me I bought an extended warranty. At 44000 miles the blinkers decided to quit working. Not fixed yet. I will never buy another Dodge for as long as I live. Can't believe that a transmission would die with only 41000 miles on it. I should have learned from the last one which went out at 78000 miles.

Best Minivan
By uprice on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ver Powerful 4cyl engine. Best value for the money. Great Gas mileage. Over 34MPG