2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Avoid at all costs!
By SOCCER MOM on 11/03/07 16:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new from dealer. Little things break too easy, outside sounds like it's inside, radio never worked right, air conditioning died in 2nd year, had to replace transmission (in 3rd year),fuel gage (4th year - broke down w/babies in the rain), front window seal (5th year) and rear side window seal (1st year). Will never buy a Dodge again!

Do Not Buy Dodge
By Fenway5 on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this van for two years. I am in the process of trading it in for a Toyota (I owned a Toyota prior to buying this van). At 37,600 miles the headlights started going out. I was driving in the middle of the night and the headlights went out on me. I am lucky I didn't kill myself. Dodge Dealer said it was an electrical short? The car is only two years old! Also had trouble with battery disconnecting from its mount at a 1 year old.

Best Minivan
By uprice on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ver Powerful 4cyl engine. Best value for the money. Great Gas mileage. Over 34MPG

The Dodge Minivan
By Andrea P on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the van new and got a great deal. I was leary with Dodge because of past experiences with their transmissions. So far, so good. I love it. I'm constantly afraid something will happen, but that's what the warranty is for. Although overall I love it. I wouldn't buy anything but a minivan again. When you have kids you can't beat the roominess.

Screwed?
By Norris Leach on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle is very good to drive.Handles well in traffic and seems to have power enough for city driving.Very comfortable and handles six passengers with ease.Visibility is good with pick-up style rear view mirrors.The one thing I do not like is the Mitsubishi 4 cyl.Quiet on the road,but at low speed I can hear rumbles of bearings it seems.

Buy an SUV skip the mini van
By Brynn on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the van because of the very low price, and room. It's quite comfortable, I needed a car to get me to and from work that is comfy and roomy, and thats what I got. I have had problems w/ dodge cars in the past though, so I am still leary about the van, My alternator went out on my dodge stratus at 40,000 miles and it costed 900 buck to fix, what a rip off, plus a lot of dodge engine parts, you can only buy at dodge, so you are basically stuck w/ buying them from the dealer at outrageous prices. I'm kicking myself for not buying an SUV instead, I am actually trading the van in for a durango in a few weeks, much more useable for living in Washington state.

Buying New Vs. Buying Used
By carwoman on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I went looking at used vans.A Chevy Ven 99, Olds Silo 02 but with 30k and a Nissan Quest 01 with 24k.Prices were 12k,17k,18k We went to a Dodge dealership and found the ec (extra cheap) marker 18k ad for 16k and bought for 15.5k. We were worried about the engine but with a 4cyl 4 it should be fine. We had a dodge before the only problem was the trans went at 96k but with the warranty we are safe at least to 70k and it was a sensible choice. I had read they are discontinuing this model so it might be a good bet if you can catch one a dealership that they need to move. Call around and