Used 2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Best car I've ever had!!
By abbsmarie

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My family has had the 2002 dodge caravan since 2004 and its been the best car we've had. It is so safe and thats what Ive loved!! its been in a car accident with the front all dented in, its been hit by the side and had 2 deer hit it and its still kickin' You will never find a more safe and reliable car in my book. I have over 225,000 miles on it and it still runs and drives great Too!!

Great travel van!
By Guido

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the van with 130000 miles on. Had to replace AC compressor, fix a electric window motor and buy the missing middle seat. Put on big tires to bring it off the ground. We took it on several long distance camping trips. Love the smooth ride. Fuel economy is not too bad on long distances, depending on driving style. Cruise control useless in higher altitudes (we live in CO). Small transmission fluid leak. No engine problems whatsoever. We also own a 95 Plymouth van in Europe which comes with a 4cyl. turbo diesel engine. Wish I could have that engine in it! Powerful and very economic (up to 30 miles)

Smooth quiet ride, Sound system, Can get parts everywhere in the country.

Fuel economy (with turbo gas or diesel engine).

good van
By Bill

I have had very good luck with this van. So far 11000 no major problems

Dodge repairs too many
By John

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I had a few Dodge cars, all had head gasket problems that I had to pay to fix. For awhile I avoided Dodge. I liked the sport caravan so after talking to a dealer they assured me engine problems were solved. I leased for 3 years to be sure problems were really gone. After lease I purchased. During the lease time the air bag light kept coming on. I took it to the dealer at least 7 or more times for repair. Whatever they did kept the light off for a few days or up to a month. After warranty was over the light came on again. Then I took it to a non dealer repair center. They showed me the problem was the passenger airbag needed replacement They said no way would dealer not know about this.

Ride, room to put lots of stuff.

Dealers and company should be honest about known issues and should and fix problems. Being dishonest and trying to avoid repair problems lost me forever as a customer. Never again will I purchase a Dodge!

My Third Straight
By My Third Straight

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third straight Dodge Caravan. Sold our last one with 170,000+ miles on it and the previous one had 158,00+ miles. Very happy with this make and model and am dedicated to taking care of it by doing routine maintenance. That is the reason why these vehicles keep running and are able to put so many miles on them. The ride is great, the interior is roomy, and the style of the sport is great. I have complaints about this vehicle and in another five years or so will probably look for a new one if things stay the way they are. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone with a bigger family or someone who travels a lot.

Removable / movable seats along with the roomy interior design. Good options from the dual climate control to the power windows and seats. The power sliding door is a great additional feature which is wonderful when you have kids. The rear a/c controls are great. The auto start, can't live without.

Radio controls on the steering wheel assembly. The lower edges on ALL doors should be smoother/seamless so it doesn't hold salt/water/dirt in the northern states which promotes rust.