2001 Dodge Caravan Consumer Review: I love my Caravan

2001 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Review

Sport Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 4-speed Automatic)

I love my Caravan
By MikeyP on

2001 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our Caravan Sport as a primary vehicle for our growing family. Over the past 4.5 years of owning it, it has never had a mechanical breakdown other than normal wear items (battery died in the 3rd year). We had one issue with the A/C system, which was caused by an improperly completed service on the climate controls. That was only a concern because Florida living requires 100% A/C reliability. The vehicle is strong, stable, and runs my 5 member family everywhere we need to go. We have even used it to tow a 2500 pound boat with no issues. Given the opportunity, I would buy another one without hesitation. It may be a soccer mobile, but it fits it's job nicely.

3.3L V6 has ample power for towing and hauling the family around. Audio system is great. Plenty of room for whatever we need.

Better design of the rear gate. Rear window wiper does not make complete contact regardless of blade replacement. Ability to open the glass separate from the full gate would be convenient.