2001 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Reliable car
By kirat12gill on 08/11/14 20:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this minivan in 2013. This 2001 model has 136000 kms on it, since then the only problem was the key was stuck in the ignitor and a part had to be replaced for 200$, once i entered the wrong fuel in the van but got it drained later on and had no problems. Its a great family hauler at a very affordable price. Good value for money. Less repairs. Had a 2000 model before this which also ran good

Comfortable Reliable Economical
By surflad on 07/25/12 19:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 01 Sport in 02 with 16,000 miles. $20K. It was my second Caravan. 3.3 liter got 24mpg at 2200rpm on the highway. Replaced the alternator at 25k. A/C at 150k. Transmission at 211K (never changed the fluid). Plugs once, brakes once, front window motors once. Regular synthetic oil changes. Got t-boned at an intersection by a red-light runner! Van had 231,000 miles. Up to that point my van ran great. Was hoping to go 300,000. But it was not to be. Will pick up another 01 Sport tomorrow. Nothing but good things to say about this Dodge.

great minivan
By dghost1 on 10/18/11 09:27 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it a year ago with 155k miles , have not made any repairs but regular maintance oil changes,. I put in a KN air intake and it gives me 22 plus MPG. I really like it, runs great can't even feel the motor running. Great family vehicle, plan on trading it for a newer model. I was really suprise a dodge could deliver a great review.

2001 Dodge Caravan Sport~289,000 Miles and Still Going!
By rosehavenfarm1 on 06/23/11 19:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van as a second owner. Previous owner put 200,000 highway miles on it. We bought it for a song and haven't looked back. Other than tires, oil change and a waterpump, the "Puddle Jumper" hasn't let me down. She is wonderful. Planning on taking it to Colorado this fall. Its 1,289 miles from home one way! She's going in the garage to get a "look over" within a month. My van is wonderful. Going to get handed down to my 16 yr old son after he gets his license.

Road Warrior
By Tricia on 08/14/10 05:13 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

The second Caravan I've owned, this one, bought used, is reliable, comfortable, and a great service vehicle for any task I've used it to accomplish. It is great on the highway and offers reasonable gas efficiency. At 145,000 and going strong, I still have miles to go with regular maintenance. It is truly my road warrior! The only problem I ever had is with a wacky onboard computer that had to be replaced (twice, since the first one from manufacturer was also faulty). My private mechanic was great; the dealership I had to order through was difficult to work with and proved to be a ripoff!!

We love our van
By Damo on 05/04/10 13:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

We bought our van with 18k miles now have 112k. It has been nothing but GREAT. Smooth V6 and no problems. Still have the original rear brakes! The 3.3 engine is peppy and smooth. Would buy another one and highly recommend.

It's been good, but....
By Bob on 01/16/10 06:22 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased a mini-van because of growing family. Had an '85 Caravan and loved it so I came back. I've enjoyed driving it but over the years it seems that something always needs a fix. Dealership pricing is outrageous! Two tie bars $400 vs $200 at local shop. Brakes close to $300.00.

great family vehicle
By happy on 07/26/09 19:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Best family vehicle I have owned in my lifetime. Bought vehicle new from dealership in 2001. Drive 400 miles one way to visit family several times a year. When driving a sedan on this trip it was long, tiring and cramped. With minivan it is comfortable and pleasant. Have not had any major problems with powertrain.

The Worst Vehicle I ever owned
By TP on 07/20/09 14:34 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Bought new and have had nothing but problems - Here's a short list: Power steering twice Two Air Conditioning condensors Check Engine Light twice Heater Coil leak Arm rest fell off after 30,000 miles rear wiper does not work properly Radiator leak This car is 8yrs old but only has 103,000 miles on it. I changed the oil religiously and did not drive it "hard." How can anyone look at the above list and tell me this is acceptable. Next time it's a Honda or Toyota.

Lots of storage, lots of problems
By Soringfield Dodge on 07/17/09 14:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Purchased this vehicle new, and maintained it to the letter. It has received much better treatment than it has provided us. We have kept it because the value plummets as soon as you take ownership of it, and its trade-in value tanks overnight. Mostly steering/front suspension problems have been reoccurring although the cooling system has been problematic as well.We will never buy another Chrysler product again, although other consumer reviewers have had much better experiences with their Caravans. So much for quality control.