Used 2001 Dodge Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Most Helpful|
Reliable car
By kirat12gill

2001 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this minivan in 2013. This 2001 model has 136000 kms on it, since then the only problem was the key was stuck in the ignitor and a part had to be replaced for 200$, once i entered the wrong fuel in the van but got it drained later on and had no problems. Its a great family hauler at a very affordable price. Good value for money. Less repairs. Had a 2000 model before this which also ran good

Comfortable Reliable Economical
By surflad

2001 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 01 Sport in 02 with 16,000 miles. $20K. It was my second Caravan. 3.3 liter got 24mpg at 2200rpm on the highway. Replaced the alternator at 25k. A/C at 150k. Transmission at 211K (never changed the fluid). Plugs once, brakes once, front window motors once. Regular synthetic oil changes. Got t-boned at an intersection by a red-light runner! Van had 231,000 miles. Up to that point my van ran great. Was hoping to go 300,000. But it was not to be. Will pick up another 01 Sport tomorrow. Nothing but good things to say about this Dodge.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, comfortable ride on long trips, quiet efficient powerful engine.

great minivan
By dghost1

2001 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it a year ago with 155k miles , have not made any repairs but regular maintance oil changes,. I put in a KN air intake and it gives me 22 plus MPG. I really like it, runs great can't even feel the motor running. Great family vehicle, plan on trading it for a newer model. I was really suprise a dodge could deliver a great review.

Favorite Features

great accelaration, smooth ride. very spacious

Suggested Improvements

needs CD player came with casset player. needs third header lamp it gets kind of dark at the rear seating. it would be great if the floor carpet could be vinyl/plastic. No more messy carpet stains.

Road Warrior
By Tricia

2001 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

The second Caravan I've owned, this one, bought used, is reliable, comfortable, and a great service vehicle for any task I've used it to accomplish. It is great on the highway and offers reasonable gas efficiency. At 145,000 and going strong, I still have miles to go with regular maintenance. It is truly my road warrior! The only problem I ever had is with a wacky onboard computer that had to be replaced (twice, since the first one from manufacturer was also faulty). My private mechanic was great; the dealership I had to order through was difficult to work with and proved to be a ripoff!!

Favorite Features

Versatility in configuration -- I can transport a full carload of adults; kids and pets; groceries; luggage or heavier hauls and even furniture!

Suggested Improvements

Lighter rear seats and a fold down middle bench. They're somewhat difficult to remove and reinstall on my own.

2001 Dodge Caravan Sport~289,000 Miles and Still Going!
By rosehavenfarm1

2001 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van as a second owner. Previous owner put 200,000 highway miles on it. We bought it for a song and haven't looked back. Other than tires, oil change and a waterpump, the "Puddle Jumper" hasn't let me down. She is wonderful. Planning on taking it to Colorado this fall. Its 1,289 miles from home one way! She's going in the garage to get a "look over" within a month. My van is wonderful. Going to get handed down to my 16 yr old son after he gets his license.

Favorite Features

Reliability!! Never had a car like this. She just keeps going and going.