My third Dodge minivan
By wkguy on
2000 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan
This is my third Dodge minivan. The two earlier versions were 4 pingers. Present is 6. Better mileage with the 4 and easier to change the plugs. Comfortable ride. The rear seats can be removed but a real back breaker for most people and most women shouldn't even consider it. My dealer recently changed the serpentine and air cond belt. 5 weeks later the serpentine belt comes off and they charge me another $200.00 to put it back on saying it also needed a new idler belt. A real scam but I don't blame the van...it didn't cheat me, the dealer did. Replaced brake pad around 45,000 miles; transmis solenoid gasket around 64,000...check engine light stays on but everything else works find.
Favorite Features
Attractive styling. I can't stand the chopped off styling on so many of the new vehicles. Lots of good space for carrying lumber and goodies from the hardware store. Great work vehicle. Nice interior. Comfortable ride.
Suggested Improvements
Get the Japanese to provide the transmission and v6 engine to improve drive train quality. Extend the length of the warranty coverage to keep satisfied customers. Lock on fuel tank door. Offer an optional energy efficient diesel engine with a beefed up trany to take the greater torque output.