2000 Dodge Caravan Consumer Review: Good versatile vehicle

2000 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Review

SE Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic)

Good versatile vehicle
By Bill on

2000 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

I bought this van with 26,000 miles on it in 2003. I have 49,000 on it now. Aside from a minor solenoid leak in the transmission (easy 90 buck fix at dealer) and normal wear and tear items ( specifically the front brakes and serpentine belt)I have had no problems.It starts easily and goes as needed. It has great mileage and good power. The airbag clockspring was recalled- free fix. This van is my workhorse which with normal maintenance hopefully I will get over 100 k out of. I put 137000 on my prior 1992 plymouth voyager and everything worked the whole time. I donated it to the purple heart in good shape. I expect the Dodge to work just as well. Overall this is a great van which paid for itself

Dual side doors. Ease of removal of seats. Great features spread throughout-12 v outlets, lights, holders, storage. Extra heavy duty wrap around floor mats (I spilled a 15 gal can of lap cement and the damage was minimal because of the matting.) This van takes a beating and keeps on ticking.

The new models have stow and go seating. Hopefully this will accomodate a standard refrigerator. The newest only come as a grand version. Bring back the old standard stripped version and it could be priced extra cheap (remember the Reliant and Aries "America" in 1989 for $9999- Caravan America 11999