Good Van For The Money
By Billy D on
2000 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan
I bought a 1992 Plymouth Voyager and put 137,000 miles on it and only had one problem, the head gasket needed replacement at 32,000. So in 2003 I decided to retire that great baby to the purple heart and buy a used Dodge. Price was very good. After getting the shift solenoid seal fixed under warranty and pan gasket (within 1 month of buying so repair was free) have had no problems. Ride is smooth and corners well with HD suspension. Has great power. Mileage is better than advertised, with cruise and sensible driving can get 28 mpg on hwy. Great room and flexible too. Is very easy on tires and brakes. I have the 3.3 L which is a plus. Paint and exterior are very durable. Paid $11K in 2003 w/26000 on.
Favorite Features
Room for people and stuff. Mileage, power, handling. Many options, ABS, insurance safety discount. Engine quality superb. Easy to change filters. Uses low cost oil and is fuel flexible (burns e85 in a pinch).
Suggested Improvements
Make transmission seals better. The tranny is good, but should be sealed better. My 1992 Plymouth tranny never leaked a drop in 12 years and 137,000 miles you should regrade to this level of quality.