2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Never Again
By Aussie on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

When I first purchased the vehicle, I thought I had leased a good reliable Van. It ran nice, was comfortable and quiet. Then during the next year, I was in for a shock. The transmission was repaired twice before it finally went in for a transmission overhaul. Then came the brake pads after a year and a half. Original pads were only cheap pads. Then came the water pump, alternator and drive belts. In year three, tires were replaced, my ignition seized up and wouldn't start. After that it was goodby Van. Would never buy another.

Electrical!
By cjc on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Multiple problems with electrical systems, which adds up to a large amount of money. Constantly had transmission problems. I would not recommend this vehicle. They do not hold their value at all, and with my experience with Dodge products, they are not reliable. I will never buy another Dodge or Chrysler product. In my case, three times is not a charm.

2000 G.C. SE
By FLORESJOE on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

I'M BEEN PLEASED FOR 2-1/2 YAERS, WITH THIS VAN.TRANSMISSSION HOSE AND THE BATTERY,THE ONLY THING THAT HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH 60,000 MILES ON IT.STILL HAVE ORIGINAL TIRES (G.Y.REGATTA 2) GREAT TIRES

Dodge Caravan Sport
By Shannon Rinker on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

I never thought I would own a minivan! This minivan changed my mind quickly~I am extremely pleased with my minivan. It has been reliable, strong, has great options that are practical and is in my opinion the best pick in minivans!

Excellent Family Minivan!!!
By valentinefeb on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

I have owned the short Caravan for over two years. We chose this model over the extended because at the time, we had heard that the extended had a few problems in general. This van is perfect! This minivan has dual sliding doors; I would never buy another van without them......they are great! This van gives reliability, a smooth ride, fairly quiet, reasonable gas mileage, tons of room for family or cargo or both! The AC/heat is excellent. We've driven in the mountains; we've driven on 3,000 mile vacations. It makes great use of storage. This van is a little on the plastic side. But, for the money, it's an excellent choice!

2000 CARAVAN STANDARD 3.0L
By elvisash on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan 3dr Minivan

NICE VAN,NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS.NOTHING WENT WRONG AT 66000 MILES

Terrible car
By memememememememe on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Terrible car. 3 transmissions, 17 serpetine belts, air compressor, water pump, alternator........you name it, it has broke numerous times. Granted this car is a work vehicle and has 116,000 and bought it brand new.

Good All Around Vehical
By Vanagon on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

I have put 40,000 on the van. I bought the caravan rather tha the grand caravan because I wanted the better milage and less weight for power. It certainly isn't sexy but is handy as hell. From plywood and bricks to kids and trips it is an excellent vehical for a family and home owner.

Great All Around Useful Vehical
By EllementDave on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

The van has been great for all around use. From hauling bricks and lumber for home projects to carrying kids for the little league team. Mini-Vans get no respect, but for all around use this Van would be hard to beat. 26k on road during family trips with loads of room. The caravan handles better than the bigger grand caravan and unless you need the added room it seems to perform better all around. The 6 gives it enough power.

Eats Belts and Brakes!
By lawman834 on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

This van is a company vehicle for me. I have had it for about 9 mos and have taken it from 55000 to 72000. In that time I have had a freon leak, lost two AC belts, and lost a serpentine belt. I had the brakes redone about 10000 miles ago, and they started sqeeking already. The driverside window frame came loose inside of the door causing it to get stuck. A power window switch burned out. On of the rear seats squeek at about 110 decibels at highway speeds. The tires are wearing out too quickly in my opinion, and the van has a convulsing shimmy at highway speeds. The Gas mileage has gone from bad to worse.