Used 2000 Dodge Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

I love my Caravan !!
By CathyF

2000 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

Bought this vehicle new 8 years ago, kept up on oil changes, never had any major problems with it. Babies are all grown up now and I am "downsizing" to a smaller vehicle. This is a excellent family vehicle, especially for long trips. I would highly recommend this vehicle for large families. Gas mileage was okay, keeping up on tire rotation, tune-ups and oil changes helps.

Comfortably seats 7, both bench seats can be removed for tons of room, especially when moving from one home to another; drives and handles exceptionally well on the highway.

Better interior carpeting, it doesn't seem to hold up well in the 2000 model, spills and stains are hard to remove. I would definitely pay extra money for upgraded carpet and extra floor mats.

I love it BUT!
By Syl G

2000 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

I bought the Dodge Caravan new and it worked well for a while. It has needed brakes replaced twice. The car engine light came on suddenly without warning late at night, and needed the ignition changed. The worst problem has been the past year with losing power. Scary on the highway. Then it will work well again until a most unpredictable moment. The car has been to the dealer and to non-dealers. Computers can't tell the problem. The oxygen sensors and accelerator pedal were changed ($2100. The problem continues sporadically. Recently, loosing power more often. I'M really discouraged. Scary being female and working predawn and night shifts.

Roomy. Fits seven people, and a lot of stuff. I carry floral, Interior design, school gym and work supplies.

Air conditioner on driver side difficult to control. Find out why the engine light stays on. The computer doesn't know.

Good for its purpose
By rccllap

2000 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

We've had this since it was new off the lot. Miles per gallon is down to 20 after eight almost nine years and over 100K miles. We added towing package and it worked fine pulling U-haul to and from Florida in the summer. Made a great family vacation vehicle, all the people plus all the stuff, on at least three major car vacations over 1000 miles long each time. Have driven all over the East Coast with no issues. With age and wear it's starting to break down. With gas prices this high, will sadly be retiring the van to buy something small and efficient; not trading it in though, will keep it for those long road trips and just baby it more. Decent investment of our car buying money.

Comfortable seating up front, flexible bench options in back. Easy to reach console. Extra storage cubbies. Can pack an army in this van and still have leg room.

Wish it wasn't a gas guzzler. A better way for open windows for back seat passengers.

White Van
By Jamie

2000 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

We have had regular oil changes, not major repairs, interior is still in excellent condition, minimum blemishes on exterior, 4 bucket seats and one bench seat, need to get smaller, fuel efficient vehicle.

Adjustable steering wheel, power locks and doors,

2000 Dodge Caravan
By Toppie

2000 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

Best vehicle I've ever owned! I have never had a mechanical issue with the van. Have only had to change the belts once. Didn't even have/need a tune-up for 7 years! I kept the oil changed and had it serviced regularly. Upholstery held up very well! Sadly, the AC just went out -- I'm looking for one just like it now with lower miles. It has 185,000 on it.

Comfortably and roomy. Can remove the rear seats and haul just about anything! Love the side doors on both sides