Used 2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

245,900 miles like an ever ready battery
By Samantha Wagner

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Purchased my van used at a dealer. Drove my baby for 8 years. I sold it this past weekend for an unbelievable resale. Bought it in Tennessee and them brought it to Michigan and its terrible winters. It starts every single time I turn the key. The only repairs in 145,000 and 8 years that I drove it were starter, fuel pump, break pads, timing, tires. That's it. Such a fantastic vehicle all around! I would scream from the mountain tops how much I enjoyed driving this vehicle. I bought another vehicle for the newer electronics, but hope I don't learn to regret selling my caravan.

Good while it lasted - RIP my friend.
By wvuprof

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Bought with 98k miles on it. Comfortable, easy to drive, no extraordinary maintenance or repair costs aside from new tires and regular oil changes for 2 yrs.
At 136k miles, the transmission failed. I had it rebuilt, but other things started to go bad afterward (I don't believe these problems were caused by the mechanics during the rebuild). A small oil leak (not sure from where), a radiator hose blew out, washer sprayer quit, small stuff like that. Nickle and dime.
A year later, the dashboard electric went out. No wipers, no speedometer, no fuel gauge.
Despite the electrical problems and annoying glitches, the motor ran well. It was good while it lasted, but no more Dodges for me thanks.

Removable third row seats, comfortable seats, plenty of leg room in second row, good MGP for a V6.

It looks like Dodge has corrected the electrical issues in later models, so it's all good.

Reliable work horse, kids love it.
By wt

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

I got my caravan new in 2000 and have 114,000 on it so far. I bumped it. I used it for everything. Even use it to pull a small trailer now. Gas could be better. I did not get the lesser model because of difference I can feel when test driving. I worn off the original tire and brakes. Now the biggest problem is my kids wont let me get a newer car.

Plenty room, removable seat.

Better gas mileage. More room for replacement radio. reduce noise from engine/wind.

dodge dependable minivan se
By Marisaperry

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

this mini van is great.thats all i can say about it.I LOVE IT!

tinted glass,stereo,alarm.dual sliding doors.pw/pl p drivers seat.

a little engine noise.not a big deal

2000 Grand Caravan
By karen

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

It has been a great van for us. Only minor repairs till 235,000 then the trans went out, but I have no complaints. Air conditioner is still ice cold with no repairs. Gas mileage was decent (20 mph)with the 3.3. I would buy another one. Great van for the money. Took many trips in the old girl. She was a good one.

rear air, extra room