Used 2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Good while it lasted - RIP my friend.
By wvuprof

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Bought with 98k miles on it. Comfortable, easy to drive, no extraordinary maintenance or repair costs aside from new tires and regular oil changes for 2 yrs. At 136k miles, the transmission failed. I had it rebuilt, but other things started to go bad afterward (I don't believe these problems were caused by the mechanics during the rebuild). A small oil leak (not sure from where), a radiator hose blew out, washer sprayer quit, small stuff like that. Nickle and dime. A year later, the dashboard electric went out. No wipers, no speedometer, no fuel gauge. Despite the electrical problems and annoying glitches, the motor ran well. It was good while it lasted, but no more Dodges for me thanks.

Removable third row seats, comfortable seats, plenty of leg room in second row, good MGP for a V6.

It looks like Dodge has corrected the electrical issues in later models, so it's all good.

Reliable work horse, kids love it.
By wt

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

I got my caravan new in 2000 and have 114,000 on it so far. I bumped it. I used it for everything. Even use it to pull a small trailer now. Gas could be better. I did not get the lesser model because of difference I can feel when test driving. I worn off the original tire and brakes. Now the biggest problem is my kids wont let me get a newer car.

Plenty room, removable seat.

Better gas mileage. More room for replacement radio. reduce noise from engine/wind.

dodge dependable minivan se
By Marisaperry

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

this mini van is great.thats all i can say about it.I LOVE IT!

tinted glass,stereo,alarm.dual sliding doors.pw/pl p drivers seat.

a little engine noise.not a big deal

2000 Grand Caravan
By karen

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

It has been a great van for us. Only minor repairs till 235,000 then the trans went out, but I have no complaints. Air conditioner is still ice cold with no repairs. Gas mileage was decent (20 mph)with the 3.3. I would buy another one. Great van for the money. Took many trips in the old girl. She was a good one.

rear air, extra room

transmission, brakes

A disposable minivan.
By Yariswhite09

2000 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Buying this van in February of 2000 and owning it for almost 10 years, its not what we expected of it. Don't get me wrong. It rides quite good was pretty frugal on fuel (WAS) but now is just a overtaxed sheet of metal. To start, a pair of brakes only last 15K miles (dealer never could solve the problem), a failed pwr. steering pump at 49K, and now a transmission that has trouble shifting into 2nd gear and the rubber linings around the van are all warped. And the frame is rusting out. These are disposable vans for people who keep cars for no longer then 60-70K miles. For a more reliable van, go for a Honda or Toyota van. The only thing these vans have to offer is price. No value. No quality.

controls are easy to use and read. Good radio and lots of usable space.

Quality and reliability. And would it be too much to ask for a interior that's not bone-hard plastic????