2000 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
I love my Caravan !!
By CathyF on 08/24/08 17:28 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

Bought this vehicle new 8 years ago, kept up on oil changes, never had any major problems with it. Babies are all grown up now and I am "downsizing" to a smaller vehicle. This is a excellent family vehicle, especially for long trips. I would highly recommend this vehicle for large families. Gas mileage was okay, keeping up on tire rotation, tune-ups and oil changes helps.

I love it BUT!
By Syl G on 08/17/08 09:39 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

I bought the Dodge Caravan new and it worked well for a while. It has needed brakes replaced twice. The car engine light came on suddenly without warning late at night, and needed the ignition changed. The worst problem has been the past year with losing power. Scary on the highway. Then it will work well again until a most unpredictable moment. The car has been to the dealer and to non-dealers. Computers can't tell the problem. The oxygen sensors and accelerator pedal were changed ($2100. The problem continues sporadically. Recently, loosing power more often. I'M really discouraged. Scary being female and working predawn and night shifts.

My third Dodge minivan
By wkguy on 11/04/07 18:13 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

This is my third Dodge minivan. The two earlier versions were 4 pingers. Present is 6. Better mileage with the 4 and easier to change the plugs. Comfortable ride. The rear seats can be removed but a real back breaker for most people and most women shouldn't even consider it. My dealer recently changed the serpentine and air cond belt. 5 weeks later the serpentine belt comes off and they charge me another $200.00 to put it back on saying it also needed a new idler belt. A real scam but I don't blame the van...it didn't cheat me, the dealer did. Replaced brake pad around 45,000 miles; transmis solenoid gasket around 64,000...check engine light stays on but everything else works find.

Good, reliable, and versatile minivan.
By CarolinaBoy on 11/15/06 08:47 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

This is my first minivan and it has exceeded my expectations. It has required less repairs and attention than almost any car I have owned. Unfortunately, my A/C went out at the end of the summer and will cost $1500 to repair. That has been the only problem I have had so far. Overall, I am very satisfied with my Caravan and would definitely consider purchasing another one in the future.

It's an OK choice. Pretty reliable.
By Roman on 04/19/06 14:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

When I bought this car it has 72K and I put another 7000 miles on it. All I can say is it's not real pretty on the inside or outside, but with captain chairs it's a very good family car. It's quite reliable too (try a Windstar, you'll know the difference). It's 3.8L engine took a little less gas then Windstar, and it's quite powerful too. I didn't know that when the car stays a couple weeks outside and brakes get rusty - you have to take the wheel off and smake the drums with the hammer, so I ended up replacing tire, brakes and wheel. ($350lost,put used alloy wheel and used tire). I'd recommend this car to someone who likes comfort, but doesn't have enough money to buy and Odessey or Sienna.

excellent van
By iwonajurek on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

I have my van 4.5 years and no problem. Excellent, easy car-like driving.

2000 CARAVAN STANDARD 3.0L
By elvisash on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

NICE VAN,NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS.NOTHING WENT WRONG AT 66000 MILES

Not that bad
By Roadblock on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

Overall ride and comfort is ok. Battery went after a year, starter a year later. 3.0 l engine gets about the same mpg as 5.9 l in my Ram 1500. For the price, compared to other mini's, not a bad deal.