1999 Dodge Caravan 3.3L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - We LOVE our caravan!!!

1999 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Review

1999 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

We LOVE our caravan!!!
By Bud on

1999 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

This has been the most reliable vehicle I've owned in my 46 years of car ownership. The only maintenance other than routine was the left rear wheel bearing went out at 35k miles. The van was a program car never titled with 29k on it when I purchased it in Dec. 1999. It has the autostick automatic transmission which is very nice on mountain roads as you can downshift just like a manual transmission to save the brakes. I have changed the transmission fluid every 30k miles as recommended and the engine oil every 3500-5000 miles and still doesn't use a drop between changes. It is very comfortable and roomy on long trips. I still get 25 mpg on trips with 141k miles on it. It's been a pleasure!

Favorite Features

I really like everything about it but it's realiability has been the best asset. I have never even had to replace a single bulb anywhere on the car. I only hope to be lucky enough to get another this good if it ever wears out. I plan to drive it until it quits (if ever). Still looks good for a 1999.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe better quality carpet as it has faded some from age. Also, headslight lens have turned a little milky colored. Overall, VERY satisfied with it for 10 years now.