1999 Dodge Caravan Consumer Review: Reasons to buy the extended wa

1999 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Review

Reasons to buy the extended warranty
By Grand Sport on

1999 Dodge Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

From the very start, this van had nothing but breakdowns. Speed sensors (3 times), fan belts (3 times), idler pulleys, batteries (I'm on the fourth one), brake problems and on and on. And that was before I hit 30,000 miles. It didn't hit home that I had purchased an unreliable car until the basic factory warranty ran out. Things that have never gone bad on my other cars went bad on this Caravan. Over the past 12 months, I've spent over $2000 to repair the A/C alone. My experience with this Caravan will be the last. This is my fifth Chrysler product but no more. I am afraid to take this van on extended trips for fear of an out-of- state breakdown. What happened to American quality?

The high ride of a truck and yet the comfort of a sedan. Excellent all around visibility. Great stereo sound system. Good handling, fuel economy and passenger comfort with the rear seat A/C. The factory towing package is great with load leveler suspension, fog lights and ease when backing a boat.

I purchased the red paint (at $300 extra) but it did not hold up being parked in the Florida sun. The plastic head light covers became fogged from the sun as well and both of these items need improvment. The rear seat removal takes two men and a boy but I understand that the new seats fold down.