1999 Dodge Caravan Consumer Reviews 3

1999 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
I am done with Chrysler
By expressrun on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

The worst thing about fixing problems with this car is that they don't stay fixed. Replace a sensor and 30,000 miles later is goes bad again. Fix a leak and there will be spots in the driveway again in a short time. Are they putting the same garbage parts to repair it that it came with? Or is the dealer service bad? The biggest mistake you can make is to buy a used Chrysler minivan. It will be a head ache that will not go away. The only reason to buy a new one is the price. You can get a well equipped one for around $20,000. A Toyota or Honda will start at $25,000 and go up from there. BITE THE BULLET and spend the extra money .

Never Ever Again
By Blane on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

80,000 miles and pray it makes it 20,000 more without gouging me to bad. Repairs include: relay switch, three sets of brake pads, one set of rotors, new tires at 22,000, head gasget, broken oil cap, broken trunk release, and new battery. Please put me out of the Dodge Misery. Marylanders, never go to Don Whites.

worst van
By wtreq on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

quality suck spend over 2000 in repairs not sefty you dont have to hold break pedal when start to drive delership service worst in the world and for $71.00 an hour they was willing to start a guessing game

A family staple
By GM raised on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

Would not have went through toddlers without it. Reliable, reliable, reliable. A little lifter noise at 45,000? Friends had purhased other companies vans about the same time and it reliablity of the dodge was far superior.

1999 Dodge Caravan
By mcphian on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

I bought by Caravan with 87,000 miles.. has never left me stranded on the side of the road so that makes it a good vehicle.. Mine has the 3.0L engine which runs good once fully warmed up. (The engine Ticks for a few minutes then goes away).. Sticky Lifters I'm assuming (no harm).. rides smooth, gets great gas mileage for a big vehicle, and its plain well laid out.

Very reliable to me. 4 Cyl Van.
By Caravan John on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

4 Years and 57000 miles and not one problem.

Never a Chrysler Product Again!!!
By Edward Gin on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

2.4 liter headgasket failed, 53K, $850! 3 speed tranny failed at 84K, $2,400! Suspect driveshafts and/or wheelbearings bad, vibration and grinding noises! 3rd set of tires/front pads, normal. Oil consumption 1 quart/2K, normal. Currently 85K, hope it makes it to 100K? Should have spent more on the Honda MiniVan, would bet less mechanical problems.

Never a Chrysler Product Again!!!
By Ed Gin on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

A good van.
By igottaflynow on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

I bought this van for my family in Feb of 2002. We put a full load in this van all the time (kids and luggage.) We have had absolutely no problems with this vehicle. We drove it from Ogden to Las Vegas in 100 + heat with a/c blowing cold all the way. The engine is smooth and not a slouch passing traffic. Its quiet and comfortable to sit in for extended periods of time. My sixteen year old does not like the styling. But what sixteen year old would. Good gas mileage and most important staying cool in a hot Utah summer is important to me My van is the base Grand Caravan without all the goodies.

Our new (used)1999 Dodge Caravan SE
By BlueSonix on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

We just purchased a used 1999 Dodge Caravan SE...74,000miles at time of pickup, this van sounds, looks, and feels like its brand new (of course, my thanks to the previous owners for the care). But the van is absolutely impressive...agile and responsive V6 (3.3L). Very comfortable and spacious. We love the 2-Sliding Doors, the quad seating and the ability to easily move and reposition the seats. Oh, btw it comes with a towing package...just have to figure out how to get a boat...so i have something to tow.