1999 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Thought I had a good thing going
By Toobadsosad on 01/07/07 00:02 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

This van was inexpensive and though lacking performance has been a dependable transporter of our family of five. I have had very few problems, however it did blow a head gasket at about 65,000 miles and I have adding one to two pints of oil for the past year. I was told this is an $1800 repair. The car is now only slightly more.

Reasons to buy the extended warranty
By Grand Sport on 04/13/06 06:31 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

From the very start, this van had nothing but breakdowns. Speed sensors (3 times), fan belts (3 times), idler pulleys, batteries (I'm on the fourth one), brake problems and on and on. And that was before I hit 30,000 miles. It didn't hit home that I had purchased an unreliable car until the basic factory warranty ran out. Things that have never gone bad on my other cars went bad on this Caravan. Over the past 12 months, I've spent over $2000 to repair the A/C alone. My experience with this Caravan will be the last. This is my fifth Chrysler product but no more. I am afraid to take this van on extended trips for fear of an out-of- state breakdown. What happened to American quality?

Never Ever Again
By Blane on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

80,000 miles and pray it makes it 20,000 more without gouging me to bad. Repairs include: relay switch, three sets of brake pads, one set of rotors, new tires at 22,000, head gasget, broken oil cap, broken trunk release, and new battery. Please put me out of the Dodge Misery. Marylanders, never go to Don Whites.

A family staple
By GM raised on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

Would not have went through toddlers without it. Reliable, reliable, reliable. A little lifter noise at 45,000? Friends had purhased other companies vans about the same time and it reliablity of the dodge was far superior.

Rlibby Green Caravan 1999
By Rlibby8866 on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

This Caravan SE has been very reliable . I have spent many hours riding throughout the Northeast, in snow, rain, and sunshine and I must say the Caravan gave a very comfortable ride. During the winter with snowtires on all four, the road/tire noise is abit loud...but I knew I was safe. I have replaced the front rotors and pads once at 90,000 miles and the condenser in the a/c was replaced at 95,000. The van now has 133,000 miles andis still running very smooth.