Used 1997 Dodge Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

1997 Dodge Caravan

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

My MiniVan
By David

1997 Dodge Caravan ES 4dr Minivan

After researching for another car I decided to look at the ratings for the Dodge I own. It was unexpected to see such lower ratings for it. I figured I would help out and show that my minivan did not fall apart like the others. I bought my minivan in 1999 when it was a 2 year old model. My wife and I have loved every minute of it, and we have 2 kids. I have the 3.3L Sport, and I get at least 19-21 mpg, with good passing power and comfort. I currently have 134,000 miles on it, and I haven't had any issues at all. The engine is still strong, and the interior looks good, even with kids. I can remove the seats, interchange them, and still have plenty of room in the rear. No complaints.

Favorite Features

Interchangeable rear seats, dual sliding doors, great mileage and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

With this minivan being about 10 years old now, all items have been improved on. I have rented newer models over the past years, and they are great.

One Great Van.
By Kelly Lloyd

1997 Dodge Caravan LE 4dr Minivan

This has been a terrific van. It has never failed to start and had no repairs except for brakes and normal maintenance. It is a pleasure to drive, gets good fuel mileage, and rides very good. I like it so much, I bought a 2006 Town & Country last December, but I am not getting rid of my '97.

It does everything
By Paul Revere

1997 Dodge Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

One of best I have ever owned, along with Honda. Enjoyed driving every time. No back pain on long drives.Properly serviced made it dependable.When not carring dogs and people,it always had room to carry the things I needed to finsh building a cabin.The exterior finish is still like new.

Favorite Features

Able to remove the two back seats and a side door to put in big things.

Suggested Improvements

Make it in the USA.

Reliable
By june

1997 Dodge Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

This car is fun to drive and also reliable as long as you take good care of it. If something is wrong with the car, take care of it as fast as you can, and it will never give you any problems

Favorite Features

The room it has for you and your family

I love my Caravan
By Julie Lorentz

1997 Dodge Caravan ES 4dr Minivan

I have had very good luck with my Caravan. I am disabled, and the 4 door design allows me to easily load my walker in the side door. I need a vehicle I can trust, and my Caravan has proven itself trustworthy. When the time comes, I plan to replace it with another Caravan.

Favorite Features

The 4 passenger doors make it easy for hauling lots of people, or lots of gear. The back two seats come out easily, and has been a godsend with my daughters moving to college, home again, back and forth.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the handles for the windows were higher on the door. I'm only 5' tall, and it is difficult for me to open or close windows while driving.