1997 Dodge Caravan Sports
By Song on
1997 Dodge Caravan SE 3dr Minivan
I purchased my 1997 Dodge Caravan Sport new for $22K in 10/1996. 12 years later, the van has 135,000 miles on it. I heard tons of complaints from consumers about this van but I personally never experienced any problems with the van at all! Is it a coincidence or merely lucky? At 135K miles, the original transmission still shifts smoothly, no electrical problems of any knid at all! All I did was to replace brake pads every 30K miles,change engine oil every 7K miles all by myself. I did change front rotors at about 100K miles. Engine never tuned up, transimission fluid never changed either, AC still works like new and blows ice cold air. Changed 3 sets of tires in 12 years, of course!
Favorite Features
Ride comfort, car like driving, lots of room for people and stuff, very reliable to me! Zero problems so far! Caravan Sport is a beautiful van too, full body painting, even roof rack is painted to match the color of the van.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing! Hope 2008 Caravan has the same reliablity level. Thinking of buying a new van but this baby refuse to die on me. It still looks new with no rust at all!I guess I am just a lucky guy.