1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
It's been there for us
By paul on 08/20/10 07:21 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

I bought it in '97 w/ 47k on it--I've had to replace 2 trannies one @75k and another @ 140k and I still like this van, 13 yrs old and still gets 18 mpg avg year round 26+ on the interstate-- I'll drive it 'til it keels over!

my minivan
By Jeanne on 09/29/09 21:19 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

i love my minivan, i use it for both business and pleasure, fishing, camping and pulling my boat too , i love it.

One Great Van.
By Kelly Lloyd on 12/14/06 12:43 PM (PST)

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

This has been a terrific van. It has never failed to start and had no repairs except for brakes and normal maintenance. It is a pleasure to drive, gets good fuel mileage, and rides very good. I like it so much, I bought a 2006 Town & Country last December, but I am not getting rid of my '97.

No Mo' Dodges
By No-Mo' Dodges on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

OK ride. Styling has gotten a little long in the tooth. Some electrical problems have arisen as was the case with friends who own the same style/make vehicle.

Dodge sucks...
By G-manxwa on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

This is my first American vehicle...and it will be the lost one too. Got patriotic and bought this, but it hurt me more than anything. It is not reliable at all. I had to change the serpentine belt atleast 3 times (after it givingup in the middle of the road during our road trip), had to change power steering pump (during our roadtrip), had to change waterpump twice and now the dealer wants me to spend another $1000 dollars to check the service engine soon alarm light. It is about time to take the loss and dump this junk. You may save a couple of thousand dollars when you buy new...but you won't be able to get the peace of mind while driving.

Disappointed
By Disappointed in SD on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

Within 2 years things just started to go wrong: wind noise in the driver's side, which after many attempts it is still not fixed. The wipers go on without anyone touching anything (like there is a ghost). Same thing with the cruise control. The latest is a gas leakeage in the a/c system that will cost $1,200 to fix. It's been one problem after the other. I will never again purchase a Dodge product. To add insult to injury even though I had tried to get the wind noise repaired at the dealer many times during the warranty period and they were not able to fix it, once the warranty expired Dodge pretty much said it was out of their hands!

never another dodge
By jools on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

I bought the van new. It has 60k miles now. It has had persistant electrical problems, brake problems, stalling problems, air conditioning problems, and now two valves are cracked (I don't know what these are but they cost 255.00 each to replace. And the water pump is cracked and needs replaced (so I'm told) It's trade in value stinks too.