1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
bought 1 year ago at an auction
By fairybella18 on 07/26/09 22:36 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan ES 4dr Minivan

I have been blessed with this van, I have had no problems, and just hit 200,000 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotcha's all beat!
By Unhappy and Broke on 03/18/08 17:56 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan ES 4dr Minivan

I just may have you all beat on the repairs, lol.One thing a little different, when I turn on my wipers, sometimes they'll come on, and when they finally come on they won't shut off until you are totally aggravated by the wiper dragging across the dry windshield. I have replaced the tie rods, tie rod ends, sway bar, bearings, power steering pump, fuses,taken it in for 3 recalls, only to find I had to replace the tension pulley, the ac doesn't work, the only fan speed left for heat is high,the head lights won't stay on,the parking lights don't work anymore (rusted sockets). Needs rotors, brakes again, this year, had a strut plate put in for the rusted housing, other side needs now and struts, door stripping.

My MiniVan
By David on 04/27/07 05:08 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan ES 4dr Minivan

After researching for another car I decided to look at the ratings for the Dodge I own. It was unexpected to see such lower ratings for it. I figured I would help out and show that my minivan did not fall apart like the others. I bought my minivan in 1999 when it was a 2 year old model. My wife and I have loved every minute of it, and we have 2 kids. I have the 3.3L Sport, and I get at least 19-21 mpg, with good passing power and comfort. I currently have 134,000 miles on it, and I haven't had any issues at all. The engine is still strong, and the interior looks good, even with kids. I can remove the seats, interchange them, and still have plenty of room in the rear. No complaints.

I love my Caravan
By Julie Lorentz on 07/25/05 19:49 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan ES 4dr Minivan

I have had very good luck with my Caravan. I am disabled, and the 4 door design allows me to easily load my walker in the side door. I need a vehicle I can trust, and my Caravan has proven itself trustworthy. When the time comes, I plan to replace it with another Caravan.

Dodge Caravan Sport, NOT RECCOMENDED
By RocketMazda on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan ES 4dr Minivan

Van is very roomy, even though it is not the grand caravan. Controls were confusing and hard to get used to sence they were all symbols. Had to replace tranny and differential at 50,000 miles (which is bullcrap) And after that was repaired, the van died 200 miles away from home at a rest area a few days later. I had no power and all the relays were clicking. We treat the fan good, and dont drive it hard. the passanger sliding door comes out of allignment frequently and is very hard to shut unless u push down on it. Passenger side door (front) panel is loose/cracked.