1997 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
1997 Dodge Caravan Sports
By Song on 11/19/08 06:10 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

I purchased my 1997 Dodge Caravan Sport new for $22K in 10/1996. 12 years later, the van has 135,000 miles on it. I heard tons of complaints from consumers about this van but I personally never experienced any problems with the van at all! Is it a coincidence or merely lucky? At 135K miles, the original transmission still shifts smoothly, no electrical problems of any knid at all! All I did was to replace brake pads every 30K miles,change engine oil every 7K miles all by myself. I did change front rotors at about 100K miles. Engine never tuned up, transimission fluid never changed either, AC still works like new and blows ice cold air. Changed 3 sets of tires in 12 years, of course!

It does everything
By Paul Revere on 09/23/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

One of best I have ever owned, along with Honda. Enjoyed driving every time. No back pain on long drives.Properly serviced made it dependable.When not carring dogs and people,it always had room to carry the things I needed to finsh building a cabin.The exterior finish is still like new.

Reliable
By june on 07/26/05 06:38 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

This car is fun to drive and also reliable as long as you take good care of it. If something is wrong with the car, take care of it as fast as you can, and it will never give you any problems

97 Dodge Caravan
By cnoyes on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

This has been an excellent vehicle for us!

Some Design Problems
By Dan O. on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

The front strut bearings went at 95 000 miles to the tune of $1000. Now the spare tire assembly has corroded so badly it needs replacing at $300. I can smell oil in the heating air and yes the wipes do come on without requesting. Chrysler is not a fun company do deal with, good thing the product is so affordable.

My experience with my Grand Caravan SE
By L. Daudelin on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

I've been very pleased with this vehicle. Never regretted. I have over 100,000 miles right now and didn't have any major problem. The only one I got was the AC compressor that had to be replaced recently.