Used 1995 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

A VERY BAD CHOICE
By Christine

1995 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

We bought this caravan at 170000km.... And it has been giving our family numerous of minor and major problems.... minor problem such as the jumper opening the rear has broken twice already. Major problem is the transmission.... According to technician of BCAA, caravan have 11 weakness that can makes the car become broke down on the road.......

roomy

Please be more reliable... I know the caravan is cheap... but all its parts are very very very very very unreliable.... PLEASE IMPROVE ON THE TRANSMISSION SYSTEM!

GREAT VEHICLE
By markandcathy

1995 Dodge Caravan Minivan ES 3dr Minivan

Bought this 1995 red Dodge Caravan (JUST LIKE THE PICTURE ON THIS PAGE)in 1996 from another person. It's been a great vehicle. Just the usual things, a rebuilt transmission, water pump, oil changes and tires. It now has 182,000 miles. The paint job still looks like new and the interior still looks good too. I love the way it sits up high and you can see out of it. Great van!

Drives good and looks great.

It's an OK van
By naimskyline

1995 Dodge Caravan Minivan 3dr Minivan

This car has been in my family for like 9 years and it was passed on to me as my first car until I graduate high school. It's a mostly reliable vehicle the only issue is the paint on the roof peeling in large pieces and I remember when I was 12 my dad had the transmission rebuilt after it failed. When I started to drive it my horn and wipers failed and had it replaced. In spite of the problems this car has had in the past it's actually pretty dependable and I'm sure it can go another 75k to 100k miles with 120k on the odometer without a major powertrain break down.

Not much to like about it. It gets me from point A to point B

I wish they improve on the quality of the paint. The paint has been coming off since my dad bought it in Jan 2000

Transmission Problems
By Solid Car

1995 Dodge Caravan Minivan 3dr Minivan

My parents bought new in 95. It has been through the family a couple of times. It's had regular maintenance. We had lifetime oil changes from the dealer, but they changed it from 3k to 7.5k, so it's about 1 out of every 3 oil changes are free. It burns 1 - 1.5 quarts of oil in between oil changes. The transmission was replaced at 150k and it had metal in it at 250k. It's having problems again, but it has 293k miles. If you change the oil ever 3k miles, brakes and tires it will run forever. I'm on my 3rd driver seat and the fr passenger is wobbly. The tapedeck quit (replace w/ CD) and the A/C went out ($1,000 fix, not worth it). Window motor peters out, only goes 3" down.

Strong 3.0 V6 that gets good gas mileage and power. Overall, it's a dependable vehicle with regular maintenance.

Make a stronger seat and improve the transmission to last as long as the motor does! Make the A/C easier to fix.

would do again
By love it

1995 Dodge Caravan Minivan 3dr Cargo Minivan

I bought this van from a company fleet sale with 124,000 miles on it and immediately put it to work as a service van. it has performed exceptionally well with only routine issues such as oil, brakes, tires, etc. I have only had issues with the ABS ($340.00 to repair), transaxle seal leak ($250.00 to repair), and entire new brake system ($750.00, quick oil change place put wrong brake fluid in reservoir, seals all expanded. The vehicle now has 197,000 miles on the 3.3 L V6 motor and performs flawlessly. I haven't used it as a work vehicle for about 4 years now but keep it to haul college kids stuff from home to school when needed. Too bad they do not make this van as a service van anymore.

Front wheel drive, peppy response, reliable, car like ride, hatch style rear door

Proprietary relays overly expensive