1995 Dodge Caravan 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1995 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

ES Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
GREAT VEHICLE
By markandcathy on 08/16/09 21:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Caravan ES 3dr Minivan

Bought this 1995 red Dodge Caravan (JUST LIKE THE PICTURE ON THIS PAGE)in 1996 from another person. It's been a great vehicle. Just the usual things, a rebuilt transmission, water pump, oil changes and tires. It now has 182,000 miles. The paint job still looks like new and the interior still looks good too. I love the way it sits up high and you can see out of it. Great van!

Faithful Horse
By paulfreda on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Caravan ES 3dr Minivan

Bought it off of a private owner in 1998 with 68,000 miles. We've run it up to 148,000 with no major problems or expenses. It was always ready for a trip to the store or out of state. It's always been serviced "by the book". Only parts replaced in the 5 years of ownership were: Water pump, EGR valve & solenoid, battery, one tune up with ignition wires and a 4 wheel brake job. Pretty darn good for 148,000 miles.

Old Reliable
By Vee racer on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Caravan ES 3dr Minivan

I bought my van with 71K on it and now have over 195K. Other than tires, brakes, O2 sensor, and regular oil changes, the transmission (rebuilt once) has been its only Achilles heel. I put about 6000 miles a year towing and it has been an excellent vehicle. It has good power, more room than most SUVs due to the removable seats, and gets better gas mileage.

Reliable except for transmission!!!!
By joeye on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Caravan ES 3dr Minivan

I am not exactly sure what model I have. It's a unique combination of the 3.O, 6 cylinder engine with the very terrible, 3 speed auto transmission. Other than the 4 tansmission rebuilds including one replacement factory reman., the van has been extremely reliable. The engine has been wonderful, I get 23 mpg average, and other than the $4,000 I have spent on the tranny, and an occasional problem with the throttle control sensor, I love this vehicle. I have 143,000 miles on it, use it for camping with seats removed, and would continue to drive it indefinately if I was sure that the last rebuild would last beyond the 6,000 mile warranty!