1995 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
would do again
By love it on 09/17/08 08:34 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Caravan 3dr Cargo Minivan

I bought this van from a company fleet sale with 124,000 miles on it and immediately put it to work as a service van. it has performed exceptionally well with only routine issues such as oil, brakes, tires, etc. I have only had issues with the ABS ($340.00 to repair), transaxle seal leak ($250.00 to repair), and entire new brake system ($750.00, quick oil change place put wrong brake fluid in reservoir, seals all expanded. The vehicle now has 197,000 miles on the 3.3 L V6 motor and performs flawlessly. I haven't used it as a work vehicle for about 4 years now but keep it to haul college kids stuff from home to school when needed. Too bad they do not make this van as a service van anymore.

The Original Minivan
By dthomas on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Caravan 3dr Cargo Minivan

Used this C/V as work vehicle, drove hard in northern winters. Unit held up impressively well considering I was hauling maximum gross weight and pushed it to the service limits. Yes, the transmission failed at 98,000 but after o-haul no other significant problems aside from the routine maintenance of tires, brakes, shocks, sensors. V6 is an excellent engine. Had more problems with my 2000 than with this unit. Wouls consider another used van for winter and hard driving conditions.