1995 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
A VERY BAD CHOICE
By Christine on 02/01/10 23:44 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

We bought this caravan at 170000km.... And it has been giving our family numerous of minor and major problems.... minor problem such as the jumper opening the rear has broken twice already. Major problem is the transmission.... According to technician of BCAA, caravan have 11 weakness that can makes the car become broke down on the road.......

GREAT VEHICLE
By markandcathy on 08/16/09 21:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Caravan ES 3dr Minivan

Bought this 1995 red Dodge Caravan (JUST LIKE THE PICTURE ON THIS PAGE)in 1996 from another person. It's been a great vehicle. Just the usual things, a rebuilt transmission, water pump, oil changes and tires. It now has 182,000 miles. The paint job still looks like new and the interior still looks good too. I love the way it sits up high and you can see out of it. Great van!

It's an OK van
By naimskyline on 02/13/09 21:51 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

This car has been in my family for like 9 years and it was passed on to me as my first car until I graduate high school. It's a mostly reliable vehicle the only issue is the paint on the roof peeling in large pieces and I remember when I was 12 my dad had the transmission rebuilt after it failed. When I started to drive it my horn and wipers failed and had it replaced. In spite of the problems this car has had in the past it's actually pretty dependable and I'm sure it can go another 75k to 100k miles with 120k on the odometer without a major powertrain break down.

Transmission Problems
By Solid Car on 09/22/08 16:26 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

My parents bought new in 95. It has been through the family a couple of times. It's had regular maintenance. We had lifetime oil changes from the dealer, but they changed it from 3k to 7.5k, so it's about 1 out of every 3 oil changes are free. It burns 1 - 1.5 quarts of oil in between oil changes. The transmission was replaced at 150k and it had metal in it at 250k. It's having problems again, but it has 293k miles. If you change the oil ever 3k miles, brakes and tires it will run forever. I'm on my 3rd driver seat and the fr passenger is wobbly. The tapedeck quit (replace w/ CD) and the A/C went out ($1,000 fix, not worth it). Window motor peters out, only goes 3" down.

would do again
By love it on 09/17/08 08:34 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Caravan 3dr Cargo Minivan

I bought this van from a company fleet sale with 124,000 miles on it and immediately put it to work as a service van. it has performed exceptionally well with only routine issues such as oil, brakes, tires, etc. I have only had issues with the ABS ($340.00 to repair), transaxle seal leak ($250.00 to repair), and entire new brake system ($750.00, quick oil change place put wrong brake fluid in reservoir, seals all expanded. The vehicle now has 197,000 miles on the 3.3 L V6 motor and performs flawlessly. I haven't used it as a work vehicle for about 4 years now but keep it to haul college kids stuff from home to school when needed. Too bad they do not make this van as a service van anymore.

1995 Doge Caravan (3.3L)
By Tim Jessup on 06/08/08 13:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

140,000+ miles, & perfectly pleased with ours. We own 2 others, one a 1985 with 199,000 miles and the other is a 2003 with 45,000 miles. With the 1995, we have only replaced the AC compressor in 12+ years (not counting a recall for the rear window wiper). Get 27 miles on hwy (2 less in summer with AC) 19-20 around town. Acceleration is strong and smooth for a van. I laugh at buyers of Honda and Toyota vans when Dodge invented and continues to perfect theirs. My nephew had a Honda Odyssey and replaced the tranny twice at 100,000 not to mention sliding door, brake and other probs. Encouraged friend at work to trade his Ody for a Caravan due to too many expensive repairs.

1995 Dodge Caravan
By Dodge on 12/19/04 14:38 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

I bought the Caravan used & I am very impressed with the look the ride the comfort on long trips. I have moved twice since I purchased the van. It has been a pleasant purchase. I keep telling my friends that if they want a vehicle that won't nickel and dime them to death, get hold of a Dodge Caravan and don't worry about it. I also tell them a little TLC and it will be a member of the family forever!

Just keeps on rolling
By jrpurcel on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Caravan SE 3dr Minivan

I have owned this van for the past two years and it just keeps on rolling. The transmission is as smooth as new and the engine cranks everytime. The air blows cold and it is one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. I bought it with 113000 miles on it and at 140000 it is just ticking along. I said I was going to drive it until the wheels fell off. They may never do that.

We were pleased
By Dan Morris on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

Despite Consumer Reports about the Dodge Caravan, our experience has been nothing but very very good. The only exception has been the transmission, which is giving us trouble at 143000 miles. And I heard that we might have been able to avoid trouble if we had been more on the ball taking care of transmission fluid levels after 50,000 miles. Other than that, this car has been very reliable.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned!
By JamesG on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

I've had many cars. Bought Caravan at 40K, now at 125K. I'll never give it up! Just back from 11th Florida trip, 2500 miles. Family prefers van over the newer BMW7 Series for comfort and room. 3.0V6 more powerful than you expect up to 90mph. 30mpg on trips. 80 is still effortless. Upgraded struts and shocks made it fun to drive! Change antifreeze every 2 years. Add BarsLeak, head gasket won't go. Change oil at 3,000 miles, synthetic. Add stop leak every other time and engine seals won't leak. Service trans every 30K. Chrysler has a hidden trans warranty to 100K, ask. Mine went at 70,000 miles, well after warranty. I now have lifetime warranty! Good van.