1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Love this car!
By jeffrm on 01/22/13 22:51 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

I've put 230,000 miles on this van since I bought it new. It's been fantastic. As a geophysicist I carry lots of heavy equipment in place of the middle seat. I can easily work at a small desk I velcroed in. It has been super reliable. The only repairs have been the usual tranny problem, a water pump and starter (rebuilt). I still prefer driving it over our newer Outback wagon. I like sitting jp higher than in a regiular car. It's a good size, too. Our dogs like it. Canoes and sheets of plywood fit on the roof.

Good Choice
By wt.pm on 06/06/10 05:20 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

This is the 5th Caravan/Voyager I have owned, all but the one with the 3.0 engine have been excellent vehicles. My first one had the 2.5 4-banger, the rest have had the 3.3, and I have averaged between 190k-300k miles on them. I have back problems, and have not found a vehicle that rides and drives as good around town, or on long trips. I have never had the trans problems associated with the vehicle, but I service my trans, every 75k-100k miles.

Has been very good
By KC on 10/27/09 20:31 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

Caravan SE bought in 1994 with 10k miles from Thrifty Car Rental. Has been a very good car. 3.3 is peppy and fairly economical. Nice and roomy. Not 'sexy' but love the practicality. I don't use the third seat since I usually don't have passengers. Had a starting problem a few times and replaced starter. Air bag light came on but it was just fuse #13. No problems, just regular maintenance. A friend bought a '96 and had many major problems. Strangely, this Caravan has been more reliable than Honda and Toyota of same year/mileage in the family!

Duct tape helps
By still runs on 03/16/08 12:15 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

the van i have has been fairly reliable with only some minor repairs. nothing to major has broke yet, still waiting for tranny to go, it does slip now and again. very comfortable seating, love the room inside for my kids and dogs. I bought the 94 over a newer 99 design because i really don't like the ext. style or the poorly laid out interior of these vans. I also love the ext appearance with the right package of skirts and rims the van does look some aggressive. Handling sucks but it is a box on wheels after all. fuel eco. is not bad for my 3.0l about 450 to 500 km tank still. Very good passing on the highways and comfy to drive very long distances. still going after 300,000 km. hope for more!

Reliable
By Stevenff on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

Bought this van used in 1998 with 65000 miles on it, now has 138000 and it keeps going. Just completed 3000 mile road trip with no problems. It is very comfortable for a small van. Has the 3.3 engine which performs very well. We use it to pull a small utility trailer and it is adequate for the job. It has just been a "good" van, period!

Great Vehicle
By FMTracker on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

Purchased used from neglectful owners with 60k miles. Replaced oil in engine and tranny and since have added another 131k miles without a problem. Always a good habit to replace fluids at recommended intervals. Fun to drive, comfortable and cruises like a dream. Large cargo space and plenty of power. No engine or tranny problems in spite of abuse by original owner. A

Nice, nice van
By Sniperlg on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

We bought this van brand new in 1994. We have 137000 on it and never had a tune-up or changed spark plugs. We just changed oil, replaced the battery every few years and service the brakes once. It just keeps on going with mininum hassles.