1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
All Around Performer
By Eric on 05/08/10 20:35 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

Purchased from private party with 97K miles. Now has 233K miles and still running strong and body still solid. 3.3L engine has plenty of power to pull my 16' boat. Hauls kids, plywood and sofas with comfort and ease. Can't say enough great things about it. The new 2010 models aren't as nice as this one. It will surely be missed when it comes time to part with it.

dodge tough
By ryan newmen on 02/24/10 18:28 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

just a really fun car i like it.....

Best (only) van I ever owned
By Stephen James on 10/19/08 09:58 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

Had been keeping my eye out for transportation and found this on the lot of a local Dodge dealer - bought it for 1400 less than their asking price. It doesn't leak nor burn oil - between every 3k miles. Excellent power and a good cruiser. I do most of my driving around town on the freeway and consistently get 22 mpg! I think that's great for a Grand Caravan. Took a long weekend trip last spring and the speed limits are 80 mph in west Texas - also climbed a few mountains and still got 25 mpg on that trip. I knew of the reliability issues; but found the positive recommendations out numbered the negatives. Glad I went with my gut feelings about the van.

Why change?
By Joe on 11/15/07 13:23 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

I purchased this van with 53,255 miles & B-4 the 7 yr/70K was up, transmission failed. Our local dealer only offered a factory rebuilt, so I decided to have Aamco repair it & pay for repair myself, + get their "life time warrenty" as my experience with Chrysler rebuilts was not good. No more problems. This is a handi-cap van & does not handle in winds as good as my previous non-handicap van, but with the 3.8 it runs out great. I've decided to have it re-painted, upgrade suspension, brakes & just keep driving it.