1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
STAY AWAY
By dodge NO MORE on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan ES 3dr Minivan

I'm now on my third minivan, I can only say that I'm the jack--- that continued to buy these vans. the first van: replaced tranny, two air conditioners, two evaportor cores, and finally a blown rod=$25.00 from junk yard to haul away (at 114,000 miles) The 2nd one a 93, air compressor and tranny b 4 55000 miles (sold it) The 3rd, well alot worse than the first!!!

nice
By wiggles on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan ES 3dr Minivan

At 95K on it. We have a very basic caravan. Only options are AC, tilt, 2 built-in baby seats, rear defog, tint glass, and cruise. it has a 3 liter V6.i installed bosch platinum 4's in it and increased my MPG by 2.

Bad Transmission
By dodgedupe on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan ES 3dr Minivan

Bought vehicle, had only 19,000 miles on it. Within 2,00 miles had to replace the torque converter. At 40,000 had to replace with a manufacture rebuild, the transmission w/torque converter. at 54,000 had to have the rebuild replaced. Now, only 24,000 miles from the original manufacture's rebuild being installed I have to have it replaced again. Also note that this next replacement will only be warrantied from the original purchase of the rebuild, leaving me with only 12,000 miles of warranty on this transmission w/torque converter. Is this good old American built reliability or what?