Used 1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Love this car!
By jeffrm

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

I've put 230,000 miles on this van since I bought it new. It's been fantastic. As a geophysicist I carry lots of heavy equipment in place of the middle seat. I can easily work at a small desk I velcroed in. It has been super reliable. The only repairs have been the usual tranny problem, a water pump and starter (rebuilt). I still prefer driving it over our newer Outback wagon. I like sitting jp higher than in a regiular car. It's a good size, too. Our dogs like it. Canoes and sheets of plywood fit on the roof.

This car was bought in NH and now spends time in BC now and then. Chains can't be used on it, so I have Spyder-Spikes. With them the car will climb a tree if necessary. It seems very tough. I was side-swiped once and only needed minor body work done. Then once I rammed a Subaru pretty hard. No damage to me!

I cannot really complain about anything. In 18+ years it has never left me stranded (knock wood). It is old-fashioned by today's newer models but it has served me well and I will be sad when it's gone. I guess now that gas costs so much I wish it got better all around mileage. I drive it very gently since I really want it to outlast my friends 94 Volvo wagon (270K). Not sure it'll make it though. It definitely is a better driving car than his, and has needed much less work, but he babies his car and I just use mine as I would any car.

Old Faithful
By Petworthian

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan 3dr Minivan

I bought this van on eBay in 2003. It had 73,000 miles on it, and I bought it thinking I'd use it to take the dog to the park, make Home Depot Runs, and take stuff to the dump. I ended up driving it across the country twice and on numerous vacation trips. The 2.5L 4-cylinder is plenty peppy (my van is a five-speed stick) and can return 30 MPG on a long road trip. Now has 105,000 miles and aside from maintenance items I've only had to replace the starter and the clutch and recharge the A/C. This thing is as rugged (and simple) as an anvil, is comfortable, gives decent performance, can haul lots of stuff, and gets decent gas mileage. I intend to drive it for another 10 years.

Five-speed manual transmission, powerful A/C, comfortable front seats

None

Good Choice
By wt.pm

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

This is the 5th Caravan/Voyager I have owned, all but the one with the 3.0 engine have been excellent vehicles. My first one had the 2.5 4-banger, the rest have had the 3.3, and I have averaged between 190k-300k miles on them. I have back problems, and have not found a vehicle that rides and drives as good around town, or on long trips. I have never had the trans problems associated with the vehicle, but I service my trans, every 75k-100k miles.

Seats, driver position, ride height, interior room, ride quality, handling, rides like a luxury car, handles like a sports car

without rear a/c they are hard to cool in the summer in the south.

All Around Performer
By Eric

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

Purchased from private party with 97K miles. Now has 233K miles and still running strong and body still solid. 3.3L engine has plenty of power to pull my 16' boat. Hauls kids, plywood and sofas with comfort and ease. Can't say enough great things about it. The new 2010 models aren't as nice as this one. It will surely be missed when it comes time to part with it.

Plenty of power and room. Very reliable.

None.

dodge tough
By ryan newmen

1994 Dodge Caravan Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

just a really fun car i like it.....

lots of room, inside